Picture of my new Toad! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Talking Picture of my new Toad!

Yes, I have fallen in love with Frogs and now Toads! My husband has given up and said o.k. today and I went to Petco and brought home, "Tobie". He is a "Moroccan Green Toad". I have been looking at him for months. I wanted to get him a friend, but they have to live alone because they are aggressive. So, Tobie sits next to me here at the computer and believe it or not, he is quite friendly! He is almost 3 inches long when in a sitting position. I'm not sure if it is a "he", but I liked the name Tobie, so for now, 'he' it will be. Hee hee. This little guy is big enough to put clothes on! I'm in love all over again. When I took him out of the box, my son was so excited! Anyway, enough talking. . . here are some pictures of Tobie. They aren't the greatest, my camera's battery is running low.

I will try to get better pictures tomorrow. He is so pretty. When it is daylight, I am sure the pictures will turn out much better. I'm so excited! I know, I'm silly. But you should see his tongue when he goes to eat a cricket!!! No kidding! It is amazing. I can't wait to hear what sound he makes. Oh, between my little tree frogs, my fire bellied toads and now Tobie and the crickets and the cute sounds that the degus make, my house inside sounds SO incredibly cool at times ~ just like the outdoors. I feel so lucky. Thanks for listening everyone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

"He" looks really cool! Can you share a pic of his cage when you share more pics of him?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Sure! Tonight it isn't anything really fancy. Just a water dish and a few plants. He wasn't really planned very well. When my husband gave in and said "yes" to him, it was a big surprise!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Nikko, I still have to get more plants. You should see Tobie. He is very observant. I think I will have to move him from where he is at! I have him next to my fire bellied toad cage. He has eaten all of his crickets ( I got him 2 dozen), well there are 3 hiding, but he is standing up at the aquarium glass and looking into the cage next to him and watching the crickets next-door! The little piggie. But he is so tame. Doesn't mind when I come up to the cage, sit down or move quickly. He is really cool. I will post more pictures as I go. Thanks for being interested.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

awwww I didnt know toads could be so adorable!

Lve Never Fails

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

What a little oinker, lol. How do you know how much to feed him?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

All of my frogs are spoiled. When I go to the petstore, for my one tank with 8 frogs in it, I order 60 crickets, for the tank with 4 frogs in it I order 40 crickets and tomorrow I will go and get him 20 more. The crickets I got tonight were pretty small. I know that you probably aren't supposed to feed so much, but the way I feed is to always have crickets running available for them, (and then I also feed the crickets!)

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats! He's very cute! I love toads .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Oh I like him, congrats!

It must sound awesome at your house when all your pets sing! I just have one frog, but he started singing finally and I really enjoy it Makes me feel at home, when I use to live with my parents, they live across the street from a huge frog pond. I use to love keeping my windows open in the spring and summer to listen to all the frogs sing.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Talking Here are more pictures and some of my set-ups also

Nikki, Just for you, here are some pictures of my different set-ups for my frogs. I have three now. Now, two of my cages are not exactly like I want them, but I am working on them. Oh, and Tobie smiled for all of you on Paw Talk this morning too!

Tobie smiled just for you! He is a digger! He rearranged the cage just the way "HE" wanted part of it last night! Hee Hee.

I wish that this picture had of turned out better. These two were sitting side by side this morning watching the sun come up! Adorable!

O.K., This is Tobie's cage for now. He will get more plants and a fancier "rock" water dish, but it was late last night and this was all I could come up with for him. Plus, the only rock water dish that the pet store had available cost $27.00! He may have to wait until next payday. Hee hee. But, he will get more plants this week. He is used to not much in his cage. This is a big improvement from where he was being kept.

This is my cage for my 4 Firebellied Toads. I absolutely hate the way that I have the plants, but they like it. I plan on getting new plants soon and getting a bridge and some "ornamental" things like I got for my large frog cage for them soon. Ever since I redecorated my Tree Frog cage, I can't wait to re-do everyone else's cage! Hee hee.

This is my large Tree Frog cage. And I just love it. It was hard to photograph today because I just couldn't get the right lighting. But there is a bridge in there and several plants and ponds for them. They just love it. Plenty of places to hide and hop!

Here is a close-up of the bridge. The frogs even like to cross it! It is funny to see the crickets cross the bridge too.

Here is a little better picture.

Anyway, hope you like the pictures. When I update the cages and get more plants and the "ornamental" things in them that I want, I will post a separate post just for my terrariums. Have a great day!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Will It Ever Change?

OMG i am so jealous, frogs and toads are my fave things on this earth!! i WISH i could have a tank with a frog or toad.....hmmm i do have this empty tank.....lol jk i've no room for it, great job on your setups!! cant wait for more pics!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

The cage looks great! I love the bridge in the other cage, very cute, lol.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! Wow, we brought Tobie home 20 more crickets and he ate almost all of them. I know he is a BIG boy/girl, but wow! I am going to do some research and see just how much he should be eating and also give the petstore a call to see how much they were feeding him. Maybe I should be renaming him to "Little Oinker"! Hee Hee.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Talking Tobie's cage got a new decoration!

Here is what Tobie's cage looks like now . . .

You can see Tobie back in the corner. He is scoping out a cricket!

I decided that Tobie needed a place to hide because he was digging a hole and covering himself up. So, off to Petco I went today. This ornamental log looked pretty cool. He hasn't gotten in it yet, but I'm hoping that he will.

So, that's his updated cage for now. I hope he is a happy toad now! Hee hee. No more hiding under the dirt.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

That looks so awesome, great decoration choice!

Tags
pet store, tree frog