Poor Azure got stuck in the filter! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Poor Azure got stuck in the filter!

I forgot to post about it, but I got some new fishies last week after Ninjas accident. Ive had my 2 silver zebra danios for over a year and they seem to be doing fine, so I got them som neon friends! ^^ I bought 3 of those wierd genetically altered ones, 2 hot pick and one yellow, but I wanted a more personable fish too, so I got a betta to put in with them.

So I put my betta, Azure, in the tank, and for a week he was doing great, but 2 days ago I got back from buying him somenew food, and while I was gone he got his tail cought in the filter! He was still swimming around and acting fine, but my biggest danio decided the shredded fin was tasty, so I had to take him out. I feel really bad, cuz the sealing on all my 10gallons was chewed apart by hamsters, so hes stuck in a 2.5 gallon fish bowl for the next week. >< I hate small tanks like that, so hopefully he can go back in the 20 gallon soon!

So far hes doing great- its not as anymore, adn hes still relly active and greets my when I walk by him ^^ Adn hes still eating like a lil piggie!

I put some stress coat in whith him, and Ill probably do a partial water change today the keep the water quality good, but is there anyhting else I can do? I cant get any other medication for at least a few days, and I was told I should to get some Mellafix fo rhim.

I just hope he gets better! I really like him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Will It Ever Change?

aww poor azure! I hope his tail heals up soon enough

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats on the new fishies.I hope Azure gets better fast.You may want on cover the filter so he won't get his fins sucked in again.

Oh just in case you wanted to know the hot pink and yellow 'genetically altered' fish are actually dyed or injected with colour. Just in case you wanted to know

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Yeah, I was planning on putting something over it. ^^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Yeah, definitely cover and/or turn down the filter. Was this a Whisper filter, out of curiosity?

Melafix will help him heal faster and some aquarium salt can help prevent infections.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks! ^^
No, it was Eclipse... Its one that was built into the tank. ^^
How do you turn it down?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

On the bright side at least Beta's are usually ok in smaller tanks and flying solo. I hope he gets better quick.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 04:16 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Thanks! ^^
No, it was Eclipse... Its one that was built into the tank. ^^
How do you turn it down?
I don't think you can turn down those, unfortunately. So definitely just put netting over the tube or something. Placing some plants nearby will help slow down the current as well .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

I found this sponge thing Im putting over it ^^

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Hello Earthling

How's he doing?

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Great! I just put him back in my 20 gallon! ^^

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
Oh just in case you wanted to know the hot pink and yellow 'genetically altered' fish are actually dyed or injected with colour. Just in case you wanted to know
Actually, they are not injected with dyes. They are genetically modified to 'glo'. If they breed and have fry, the fry will also be glofish

http://www.aboutfishonline.com/articles/glofish.html

Dog~ Nika (f)
Cats~Scamp (m) & Simvar (m)
Fish~Tropicals & Goldies

RIP Scooby doo & Louise