Shouldnt Squishy have grown by now? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Shouldnt Squishy have grown by now?

I got my ACF, Mr. Squishy Man, almost a year ago now, and he hasnt grown at all. Im not sure if this is normal, or if he should be growing faster cuz hes my first froggie. Im guessing hes about 3 years old- when his old owners brought him back to the pet store adn I bought him, he was the size of a 2 year old frog from what Ive read, and Ive had him another year.
Shoulnt he have grown at least a little by now?? I dont know if Im doing somthing wrong, or if its just because he has a smaller tank (10 gallons). Im pretty convinced he was dropped alot as a tadpole so that could be part of it too LOL! (JK)
Help plz! C:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello Earthling

I don't know much about african clawed frogs but from what I've read researching them albinos with grow at a slower rate than natural coloured ones and they will also be smaller.

And I would suggest if you have the room and money to up the tank size most sites recommend at least a 20 gallon for an adult frog.

Check out this site here they have some pretty useful info|Clawedfrogs.com

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

How big is he?

He could be growing really slow because of the tank size.
Or his growth may be stunted.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

How big is he again? Mine is lab bred - a lab bred x. laevis typically runs about about 10 cm (4-5 inches). Mine was fully grown (a little over 4") by a couple years of age, so you could just have obtained yours at adult size.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Hes about 2 inches long, not including his legs.
Ive heard that albinos dont grow as fastbut Im still abit woried.
Adn Ive been trying to convince my mom to let me put new sealing on a 15 gallon in my garage that I could use for him, but that might tke some convincing, cuz she claims she has alziemers adn cant remember my question when I ask her, LOL
I have an extra 20 gallon too, but I dont have a big enough stand for that, or enough room in my bedroom, so that probably wouldnt work.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i have found some very cheap 15 gal tanks, and if you have a filter for a ten it should still work if it hangs over the top like mine does it might just not be as powerful as a 15 gal tank filter would be and so you could do extra tank cleanings

10 gal tanks sell here at walmart at 10$ and 15 gals at petstores with out anything in them sell for about 15 too

[/CENTER]

Tags
frog