Show pics of your set ups... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Arrow Show pics of your set ups...

I wanna see everyones tanks and their set-ups. Here is my 2 tanks; a 50gal (still in process to accessorise) and my Kame's 33gal.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I took pictures of two of my aquariums. Maybe I'll get pics of the other three tanks this weekend or something .

Without Flash:

With Flash:

The community tank:

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

OMGosh I LOVE REAL plants, I cannot have them with my goldfish as they WILL eat them!! Maybe once I upgrade my tutles tank, my tropicals (tetra's, Corys - then I would add more) to the 33 gal and THEN I will have real plants as they are SO nice!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
OMGosh I LOVE REAL plants, I cannot have them with my goldfish as they WILL eat them!! Maybe once I upgrade my tutles tank, my tropicals (tetra's, Corys - then I would add more) to the 33 gal and THEN I will have real plants as they are SO nice!!
I love live plants . I first starting keeping them a year ago and since then there's no way I could go back to fake, hehe.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 12:43 AM

These are my old tanks, no pictures of the new one yet.. waiting for my camera to be fixed first!

First, the oldest tank.. before I was really INTO fish, it's not aquascaped well, and nothing matches! It had 6 white clouds, 2 ottos, and a betta:

Second, the updated version of the old tank.. I finally got INTO tanks, put black gravel, started to get live plants, etc. Inhabitants are 3 female bettas, 4 ottos, and multiple amano shrimps:

As an aside, GeishaGirl (although I'm sure you're aware of this), that tank is WAAAAAAY too small for all those fishies! In a 50G tank, you'd be maxed out at 4 goldies. That pleco is huuuge, and then the tropicals too. I'd highly suggest upgrading your tank, for the 6 goldies alone you'll need a 75G to themselves.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzby
As an aside, GeishaGirl (although I'm sure you're aware of this), that tank is WAAAAAAY too small for all those fishies! In a 50G tank, you'd be maxed out at 4 goldies. That pleco is huuuge, and then the tropicals too. I'd highly suggest upgrading your tank, for the 6 goldies alone you'll need a 75G to themselves.
I was reluctant to say anything but I totally agree. I'm amazed there aren't ammonia problems or anything.

~Stephanie

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ ~ ^ =

Hmm well I have been having a bit of a problem with dust during the last several weeks due to TBS Contractors refitting my bathroom as a Wetroom , so I will give you advance warning the floor in my livingroom in which my Coldwater tank is situated can only be described as imperfect .

My Coldwater tank is very basic , I dont have any fancy castles or objects in there because most of the fish are too big for them and I have had enough of what fish of mine that do die , they always ended up inside the castle so I took it out.

Unfortunately the setup comes free with my front room and as you can see it looks a wee bit different , vinyl rain instead of Reed snowflakes , Artificial lightning made out of a tree that was struck by lightning and I painted the coving grey to represent the underside of a cloud.

The photo does'nt show the Grey Non slip dimple textured vinyl I cut out into cloud shapes and stuck on the wall near the coving , work is still in progress as is my search for features in the fish tank.

At this moment in time my set up is what you call Minimalist.

And not forgetting the odd Grrr psycheadelic Oildrop here and there , and like I said earlier I like to collect dust , cleaning the floor is a long and hard job on the knees for me so I dont do it often.

This tank includes

Mosschops
Sherwood
A Roach
Baddiel
Skinns
Fancy

and a submerged Hippibus of which I am looking for a much bigger example.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 09-30-2006 at 05:05 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Thanks for the lovely set up!! Love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzby
My g/f was in that 30galon and needed an upgrade and that was the best I could do on my limited budget. I got the 50galon for $60 used, w/o the top to it so I am using the old top and a board to hold it there.

I want to upgrade it now, but I cant afford it. I think they are fine until I can get a 100gal that I want for my g/f and the tropicals would have the 50. And they have been living for over 6 years now, almost 7 so the levels are fine. They had been living in the 30 for 5 years and I was very lucky to run into that find for the 50galon...

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 09:19 PM

Ok... as always, I don't have updated pics of the tanks.. fogive me... but here are some old pics...

Here is the turtle's tank... it's a 55g tank... it's not finished at all.. the plan is to build an over the tank basking area, and fill it up completely.... since I want to switch the tanks in position, I haven't really put any type of furniture in the turt's tank at all.

Here are both tanks side by side... a 55g for the turt and a 30g for the fish...

Here is the 30g tank... since that pic, it has lost the elodea plants... lol.. but the rest are still there!

This is my absolute favorite fish... a synodontis:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Here are a couple of pics of my by tropical tank , this first picture was taken from resting low on the ground , I have not been able to take a picture like this before , I had to move a single seater sofa chair out of the way to do so.

In my tropical tank I have

5x Black Widow tetra's
6x X ray tetra's
8x Classic Neons
Loads of snails
& Brunel the Betta.

A more natural looking picture takenstill and without the flash, Brunel as you can see is central and is most definately Top of the tank now.

I am actualy hoping to replace this tank soon with a much nicer and bigger one , I am hoping it will look something like the coldwater unit and tank I allready have

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Guarded by Waffles

That first tank has one BIG plecostomus

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

YEAH hes my big boy, first pleco I have ever had and only one so far!! I call him Filch!! I had a friend who had a pleco who grew a few feet long!! WOW, mine is still small thankfully.

He is 6 years old along with the white goldfish, the other large goldfish is 5 years old, the black is only about 2, my mainly white fantail is 4 years old, the other is 3, the majority of my Black widows are 5 years, where as a few are between 4 or 3 now, I have a one cory in there that is 5 years old and 4 newer ones I got a little while ago, and they are only under a year old but are getting huge! They grew up quickly and most are almost the size of my original!

I love them all so much I am getting a pond for my goldfish to go into, my sister had one for her turtle, and will sell it to me now. I put some money on it and should get it this month sometime Anything for my fishes!

I maybe will get one koi as well, hey my regular goldfish are almost as large and now I am getting a pond so I think I can get one!! I may keep the fan tails with the tropicals or not, I dunno. Still debating it as the goldfish love each other so I may put them in the pond also!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM

Well fancy goldfish should have a minumum of 10-15 gallons each. And koi need a minimum of 25. Notice I said MINIMUM, so I would get a 90-100 gallon pond with a 300 gallon pond filter and you should be fine.

Tags
female betta, female bettas, fish tank, male betta