startin up a 29 gal - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

i dont know how sure i am about the river rocks.. i mean they will look a bit more natural, but the decorations we have do look nice on the blue.. heh i might change it all then end changing it all back again... i've no clue.. heh.. i think the smooth rocks will be better in the long run tho..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnstuff
i dont know how sure i am about the river rocks.. i mean they will look a bit more natural, but the decorations we have do look nice on the blue.. heh i might change it all then end changing it all back again... i've no clue.. heh.. i think the smooth rocks will be better in the long run tho..
You could always do the natural-looking gravel, too . Just another idea. That's what I use...except with my frogs because they might eat it.

The only issue is how would you clean the stones? I just thought of that now. I use them in a smaller tank that gets 100% water changes but in a larger, cycled tank I don't know how one would go about cleaning them. After all, a gravel vac wouldn't pick them up =/. You know what I mean?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

hmm.. i never thought of that.. most of them are pretty small.. but they might be heavier than gravel.. heh woulda never thought of that.. might have to do a little of the tank and try it?

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnstuff
hmm.. i never thought of that.. most of them are pretty small.. but they might be heavier than gravel.. heh woulda never thought of that.. might have to do a little of the tank and try it?
Yeah, I just don't know if the vac would pick them up. But hey, give it a shot and tell us how it goes .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
algae eater, cherry barbs, cory cats, female betta, fish food, fish tank, gold fish, male betta, neon tetras, tap water, tiger barbs