Still not eating - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

Still not eating

I got brine shrimp for my african dwarf frogs last night and they're still not eating. They are barely moving around now. I tried to find krill but I coulnd't find anything other than sun dried brine shrimp. Maybe they're sick?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It's the frozen kind, right?

How do you feed them? Some frogs, especially males, aren't great at finding food. I would target feed using a turkey baster or something. Let the food fall right by them and if it hits the bottom suck it up and try again. They'll eventually get the idea.

And if you find bloodworms or krill then use tweezers and dangle it right in front of their face. That almost always works for new froggies .

How long have you had them?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

I got them last sunday.

1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

They might still be a little stressed out but I would definitely keep trying. And if you find frozen krill or bloodworms get some since my frogs never turn those down .

What's the temperature of the water? They may not eat if it's too cold.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah - what I had to do with mine is put the frozen thawed food into a turkey baster and pretty much drop the food right on their heads, lol

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
is a little "special"

Ya, they can be hard to feed... Did you try normal fishfood? If thats what he was fed at the petstore, he might just be more used to that.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

I didn't have a chance to get frozen food they passed. I will get frozen food then more frogs hope for the best.

1 Cat- Luna

Tags
african dwarf, african dwarf frog, brine shrimp, dwarf frogs