Tanks tanks - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Tanks tanks

Woo, it's been a while! Well anyway I came by to ask about saltwater tanks, do you have to specificlly get a saltwater tank or can any tank handle salt water? About how much do they cost? Any success having more then one clownfish in a tank together?

Want to get my friend one for christmas, she's been wanting one for a long time now ^_^ she's in love with them! Hee~

Edit: And When I say tank, I mean smaall, not too small to make the fish uncomortable, but I wouldn't want it to take up all her room space x.x

Last edited by Fubie; 11-21-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

No, you can get a regular aquarium. However, I don't suggest getting a kit because the lighting and filteration that many come with won't work for a saltwater tank.

Oh, and how small do you mean? Most saltwater fish need a lot of room and if your friend has never had a saltwater aquarium bigger is always better. You could look into nano reefs but they are a ton of work.

Multiple clownfish can usually live in harmony with a large tank and enough hiding spots. It would be a good idea to introduce them at the same time .

Do you mean how much the tank itself costs? Because that would depend on size and whether it came with anything such as a stand. If you plan to buy all the equipment and everything expect to spend at least a few thousand dollars . Trust me, I'm setting up a saltwater aquarium and am buying everything slowly due to the costs. I don't expect to have everything until late spring . Maybe I can get fish by autumn, haha!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

wow...saltwater tanks scare me bc the reefs and plants are pretty expensive and so sensitive to the slightest temp water and light changes...and then bomb they die just like that...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ _ ^ =

I have never had a saltwater tank but ,, ?

Nice Chibi you have there , did you draw that , and ^_^

~

x.x

Do I know you from somewhere else , the awnswer being most likely no.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

I really only want the fish and some decorations, not the whole reef deal, but it's more then likely she'll invest most of her money into it XD I'm thinking maybe 2 gallon- 5 gallon...well if its the same thing I have a pretty good idea of the cost itself. I'm wondering if a spongebob tank will do, 'cause she's a dork like that. I have a fish store right next to me!
*feels so lucky* So I can pester them and poke them and make sure they sell good fish.

Toky Oki, Yeah I think we talked in the chat room =3 Thanks, my friend drew the chibi, my chibi's are freaky and blobby, her's are cute XD
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Ok, so I'm looking at tanks, would anyone say that

http://www.aquariumsdirect.com/aquar...iew&key=CGI002

Is too small?

http://www.aquariumsdirect.com/aquar...iew&key=REE008 *-* I was wondering why it was so expensive.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2030056&Ne=2
too small?
I'll keep coming back to add more tanks =3

Last edited by Fubie; 11-22-2006 at 11:05 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

http://www.amazon.com/Stretched-Octa...&s=home-garden

This one was just cool *-*

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Compl...&s=home-garden

Neeaat
(seemed to have lost th edit button)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Those are really too small. I would get at least a 30-gallon but something larger would definately be better. In a 30-gallon you could only have a few small fish.

Keep in mind that liverock is pretty much necessary in most cases and can get very expensive.

Has she had a freshwater aquarium before?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."