Update on Ice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Update on Ice

A little while back I posted about my betta,Ice,who seemed to have frayed fins for no apparent reason.

I ended up moving his tank away from the other fish tank,letting him flare up at his reflection and all the other stuff you guys reccomended (except treating him for fin rot,as I didn't wanna treat him if he didn't have anything).

Well now an update.Not much to update tho.His fins never grew in,I still don't know what happened.They never got worse,but never grew back.He is still his self,active and whatnot.I don't think I have anything to worry about,as he hasn't gotten worse.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:53 PM

hmmmm that's weird but glad to hear he is doing well anyway.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Did you use Melafix like I said? Because it would help them grow back. Otherwise, it's gonna take a while.

I'm glad they didn't get worse, though . I really think it was just stress and he was biting his fins.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
Did you use Melafix like I said? Because it would help them grow back. Otherwise, it's gonna take a while.

I'm glad they didn't get worse, though . I really think it was just stress and he was biting his fins.
Oh,I never tried that yet either.Thats one thing I forgot!Where could I find some of that?

* Lisa *

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Oh,I never tried that yet either.Thats one thing I forgot!Where could I find some of that?
You can find it at most petstores. Here both PetCo and PetsMart tend to have it. A store might be able to order it, too.

I'd add some freshwater aquarium salt as well to help prevent infections. Just a pinch should be enough . It's actually a good thing to have anyways...I usually add a bit everytime I do a water change on the betta tanks since it helps prevent illnesses and stress.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
You can find it at most petstores. Here both PetCo and PetsMart tend to have it. A store might be able to order it, too.

I'd add some freshwater aquarium salt as well to help prevent infections. Just a pinch should be enough . It's actually a good thing to have anyways...I usually add a bit everytime I do a water change on the betta tanks since it helps prevent illnesses and stress.
Thanks...I will check with Pet City or Pets Unlimited...we don't have Petco or Petsmart or Petland here.A new pet store is opening soon as well.I will have a look for it anyway.

* Lisa *

Tags
aquarium salt, fin rot, fish tank, pet store