Photos! Videos of Lakitu!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Videos of Lakitu!!

My little spunk-kid always the entertainer ^^ This first one is just him flashing me for attention. He's always this active and flared up, dancing under the leaf or whatever.

This next one was a pleasant and fun surprise. We were sitting here and I noticed Lakitu's tail is almost better (from shredding it on a plastic plant) and when I pointed the pen I was holding at him he just went berserk!! lol This video shows his passion for killing the pen and showing it how much better he is. A little while later when he settled down I pointed with my finger and he noticed it and puffed for a second then stopped, I pointed the pen at him and he went crazy again!! lol

Who knew betta's were this much fun?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Playful Pup

Defnitley sounds like he would make a good fighter

X-Mas Wishlist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

He's got good genes. If I only knew how to breed for hobby I know he would produce some great little sprites!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Playful Pup

Yeah that something Im trying to get into is breeding. I would think it would be hard to breed betas simply just because they are extremely aggressive.

X-Mas Wishlist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Yea but with the right heat I think a male betta in a tank with at least 4 females = optimal breeding grounds. I'm not sure and I never looked into it but they can't be that hard to breed for the quantity at pet stores!! (which is why I don't know if I would breed)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Playful Pup

They are a very beautiful fish and defnitley very popular, now I'm wonder how all that breeding works back to the lab for some research... I'm glad you take care of yours I've seen alot of miss use with these guys.

X-Mas Wishlist

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Yea but with the right heat I think a male betta in a tank with at least 4 females = optimal breeding grounds. I'm not sure and I never looked into it but they can't be that hard to breed for the quantity at pet stores!! (which is why I don't know if I would breed)
Actually, the male is usually only kept with the female long enough to breed. A "harem" set-up is tricky to maintain and can be dangerous for all fish involved (often the male is especially at risk due to his fins making it harder to escape attacks).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

ooh?? A harem?? Well, obviously I spoke to the wrong people in making my assumptions!! lol Thanks for clarifying! I'll go to my google wizard now and find out what a harem is
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Lakitu and "Poof"

I found the perfect live plant for a Kritter Keeper!! A Marimo Moss Ball!!! I love it, it amuses me more than it probably should I named it Poof (everything needs a name!!) It's been in there for 3 days now (after I washed it and all that fun stuff) and since then Laki has been SO much more energized. He's always moving and swimming around but he's got even MORE energy! I never thought it possible. Seems to be the best thing I've done for him so far!!

These things are native to South Asian waters. Seen as a symbol for luck and longevity (or something) in Japan. They are endangered but now bc of their status they are preserved and the ones harvested for hobby tanks are reared from captive seeds so they will never reach the size of wild ones (?) Correct me of I'm off on that. I read up on them via Wikipedia so I'm not totally sure it's 100% accurate They can apparantly live in a goldfish bowl as its own ornament but I choose to keep my bright desk lamp on it (with shade for Laki).

**I have since moved it to the floor of the Keeper and turn it once a day.. Gosh, I need to get them pebbles off the floor!! I hate the way t looks with the pebbles now!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Playful Pup

Wow. Awesome idea. Something so small makes such a big change!

All Pets Forum -
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Oh I got better pics coming tomorrow. I cleaned it so it looks waaaaaay better!! I made such a mess when it first went in.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Laki and Poof

This marimo ball is SO cool. It has been successfully "foraging" on the algae that the light usually produces. The leaves of the silk plant are usually slimy after the 3 day mark (cleaning day) but after 4 days of having it in there No slime!! I was intrigued. Let me tell you
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 08:57 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

Cooool!!! Pretty betta! So the moss ball is hard to find?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Not at all! I found mine at PetSmart (fresh non polluted supply). Then when I got home my friend told me their cheap cheap on ebay straight from Malaysia or something!! I paid 10$. I'm embarrassed for the cost tbh. But it's fine. Now I know. Spreading my wisdom