Wanted: Betta Friend - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Wanted: Betta Friend

As you all know, I got my betta a week ago. He's very happy in his 2.5 gallon tank with a corral and plant. I was thinking, should I get him a friend? (I know! Male bettas kill each other, and I wasn't thinking THAT kind of a friend. I was thinking of another species.) I don't want to get ghost shrimp since I've heard they'll die easily. I remember reading somewhere about fish you can keep with your betta, but I can't remember where! So....does anyone know what fish I can put in the tank with Dante? I only want one other fish that's not a snail. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 08:41 PM

I personally wouldn't take a chance, especially in that small of a tank, but thats just me. I think they do fine on their own, especially if you put a mirror in front of the tank every once in awhile so they can see their reflection. Unless he starts acting depressed, he's probably happy as can be by himself.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

That makes sense, he is pretty happy flaring at his reflection, and why fix what's not broken? Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
why fix what's not broken? Thanks for the tip!
He sounds likes he's doing great. Flaring at their reflection gives them such a thrill LOL. Mine like it when I give them attention too. They get really excited when I go to over to the tank.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Mine sits right next to me on my desk in his own little compartment so he has a lot of attention a day! Although, I have one more question. This guy doesn't have feeding times. He only eats when he's hungry,which is at two or at ten, and those aren't good times. How do I teach him to eat when I say so?

Tags
ghost shrimp, male betta