Well dont I just feel retarded - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Well dont I just feel retarded

Well, I think most of you know Ive had a 20 gallon aquarium with my platies and danios in in for the last 4 years.
Last night, I had the wonderful suprise of finding out its NOT a 20 gallon, its a 15 gallon.
And yes, IT IS A BIG DEAL.
This means Ive unkowingly waaaaaay oer stocked my tank.
This is why those poor goldfish never lasted longer than a year, it explains MANY "random" fish deaths of seemingly very healthy lil guys, inluding my most recent episode where 3 fish died in the same day, and it explains why my poor pleco died too. :C
Because Ive always stocked the stupid thing as a 20 gallon!
Also this means EVERYTHING Ive EVER put in that tank has been overdosed: Stress Coat, medications, API aquarium salt, PH fixing stuff, Cycle...
So, all my poor fish have been over dosed with chemicals.
I guess this is just more of a rant... Sorry, but Im just really mad about this. The person I bought it from TOLD ME it was a 20, but apparently they enjoy messin gwith stupid 10-year-olds. Ive always kinda had a suspision it wasnt as big as the people claimed it was, but I never got around to measuring it until last night.
So that was 4 years of over crowded and overchemicalatized fishies.
Well, Im planning on selling the thing and buying something bigger, so I guess thats the good part that come outta this! C:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Awwe, Jess, don't feel bad. Everyone makes mistakes. I do it all the time. The people in the stores are so mis-informed it gets to be a joke. Hang in there kiddo! At least you know now. Can't wait to see the new aquarium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Jess, I am so sorry to hear about this mix-up. But at least you figured it out! Now you can get a bigger tank like you said, and hopefully you won't have any more bad luck with your fishies!

Maureen

Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sorry that happened.

Just something to note and also keep in mind that even when a tank is said to hold a certain amount of gallons, it ends up holding less water than that because of water displacement due to gravel, decorations etc.

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Betta Bomb

Awww.Jess it'll be ok,4 years at least isnt tooooo long.imagine if you didnt measure it! you were sold the tank at 10 so how were you supposed to know? cant wait to see your new set up!! it'll be soo prety!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks every one! C:
My mom seems to have some sort of attatchment to my stand, so my new tank has to fit on there xD
Im looking for something around 30 gallons, so if anyone knows where I can get a 30 tall around that long, plz tell me! ^^
... do they even make 30 gallons that size...?

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Betta Bomb

yep,they do b/c i had 2 33 gallon tanks and they were more loooong than wide -good luck!! i paid 200 both for them new with everything included for fishies(except it was for my turtles at the time) at Petcetera

Tags
fish