Well, well, well - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Well, well, well

Today, magically, an aquarium appeared in our family room. It used to be my brother's, but he never cleaned it, so my mom took it away from him (shows how much he cares!). I'm really excited about it.
It's a 20 gallon tank and has the little mickey mouse fish and some mollies in it. There's eleven in all. There's also two plants that are pretty small. My mom and I cleaned it today completely as it was *filthy* and it looks great now. The family room looks very comfortable and welcoming now, and I of course, am thrilled to death. I'll get some pictures tomorrow as today was kind of hectic. This has taken care of my need for a new pet...for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 10:13 PM

Aww, that's awesome, Natalie. 8) Can't wait to see pics. 8)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 11:08 PM

Aw your lucky, when i lived at home my mom wouldnt let me have any fish. But i did have a dog Anyways now that ive done my rambling i'll say congratulations on the new tank girl, enjoy it !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 06:07 AM

Thats great Natalie.. Need to see pics!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Curmudgeon

That's great Nat!

Whatcha' puttin' in it next?

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

I just want to add one more fishy. There is one type of fish in the aquarium that is the last one of its family, the others all passed away due to ripe old age. The lonely fishy is the red and orange one.
There's also a lot of mickey mouse fishies and dalmation mollies. The dalmation ones are almost black because of the way they bred. I want to introduce some with more white later on. I don't want the aquarium to become too crowded, ya know?

Here are the pictures...I also want to add one of those back grounds to the back of the aquarium to hide the big ugly filter and all the power cords.

That is the tank.

Fishies!

All the mickey mouse fishies always stay together.

That black fishie I named Nemo since he has problems swimming. I think he was damaged before he was born...

More to come...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

More fishies...

A bit of the decoration...

Another picture of the whole tank.

The last picture!

When I got the tank, it was covered in green algae and the water was so gross and slimey. I think I did a good job cleaning it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Well, after looking more at little Nemo, I saw that he has a shredded fin...I don't know how that happened...And his tail is also a bit crooked at all times. He's my favorite of the fish.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 10:43 PM

Aww, those are lovely! The orange one you say is the swordtail? I used to have those when I had my first fish tank (which was a 20g high too hehe, got it as a christmas present). I like the decoration too, but I think it needs a couple of plants. I like tanks that are decorated on a "natural" way (with that type of gravel, not the brightly colored one...) and I like the "sunken city" elements! LOL.. I like to decorate fishtanks that exact same way, only I would put a longer/higher plant somewhere on the back. 8) It's lovely!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

I'm gonna start changing the plants and deco around, but I have to give my brother some time to "adjust" because it was his aquarium after all. We were gonna get new plants, there used to be a lot more that just didn't look good anymore, but they only had weird ones and we went to two stores. I love decorating fish tanks as well.

Tags
fish tank