what can i use it for ? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Smile what can i use it for ?

A friend of the family was getting rid of a bunch of things when my mom noticed a tank she had sitting in the corner . the friend said she was going to throw it out. and mom thought maybe i could use it for something.... We have no clue what size it is or anything but i do have pictures and i was wonder what sorta little animal/fish would be ok in this tank Im recieving it on Monday

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Betta Bomb

Hm, Lucky you!! If you replace the nasty plastic plants with silk or real ones, I would put a betta in there! That's too much gravel as well, but it's a nice color!
You could also get a pair of African Dwarf Froggies
Some shrimpies, or a snail.
I would put a betta though. A heater is necessary though for most things so you can find cheap ones

Can't wait to see it when it's yours!! It looks like maybe a 5 gallon or smaller. If you get ADF's or a betta you'll have to fit the top with mesh so they can breathe air!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Hm, Lucky you!! If you replace the nasty plastic plants with silk or real ones, I would put a betta in there! That's too much gravel as well, but it's a nice color!
You could also get a pair of African Dwarf Froggies
Some shrimpies, or a snail.
I would put a betta though. A heater is necessary though for most things so you can find cheap ones

Can't wait to see it when it's yours!! It looks like maybe a 5 gallon or smaller. If you get ADF's or a betta you'll have to fit the top with mesh so they can breathe air!
I had been looking at the idea of a betta but im still not sure Im definetly replacing the top on it when i get a chance, but i was so excited when my mom emailed me and asked me i wanted it that shed bring it home and then bring it to me when she has a chance which is monday, even if i dont end up using it anytime soon adleast its there for when and i decide to use it.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 01-07-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

What kinds of animals are you interested in?

Here's a calculator to figure out the volume of the tank based on the dimensions, just scroll down: http://www.fishlore.com/ConversionCalculator.htm

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
What kinds of animals are you interested in?

Here's a calculator to figure out the volume of the tank based on the dimensions, just scroll down: http://www.fishlore.com/ConversionCalculator.htm
I'm not really sure thats why im looking for ideas so i can research a little before deciding as I love animal animal. Thanks for the calculaor When i get it i suppose ill do some measuring.

By Anonymous
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Once you know the volume for sure we can probably make some recommendations . The above recommendation of a betta would work but other fish will depend on the volume.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

so I got my mom to do the measurements tonight since my eyes arent that well right now (need to buy new glasses ) and because i was curious and it was at her house anyways the measurements are this (12 x 6 x 8) (LxWxH)

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 01-08-2012 at 02:26 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Newborn Pup

are those measurements in centimeters or inches?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Turns out my little brother wants that tank and is offering me his 20 gallon with mesh top I might just take hum up on that offer

By Anonymous
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Betta Bomb

oh yes, go for the bigger If you want it!! I personally prefer smaller ones bc of my insane lower back troubles but a 20 is much more flexible if you wanted to stock it with more than 1 betta.