What would YOU put in a 60 gallon aquarium? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Question What would YOU put in a 60 gallon aquarium?

I am thinking of getting another 60 gallon aquarium.

I currently have a variety of Tropical fish in a community tank right now which is also a 60 gallon.
I have done Cichlids and love them but am not sure if i want to go that way again or just what to do if i get another tank. I like Oscars too but know i should only keep 1 in a tank that size. I could do a couple of turtles...or maybe some froggies, shrimpies, crawfish?? Maybe i should do fancy gold fishies?? I used to have some beauties!
One thing i do not want to try is saltwater fish. As much as i love them and how beautiful they are i am not ready for that.

What would you put in a 60 gallon tank if you had one?
Help me decide.
Of course i would do lotz of research well before starting up the new tank.

Lve Never Fails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Well, if it was me I'd keep an octopus. But since marine animals are out...

Newts? That would be interesting . Or a HUGE school of neon tetras .

Lung fish or one of it's relatives would also be neat.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:00 PM
is a little "special"

I think you should keep a GIGANTO colony of SW hermies! YAAAAAAAY!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hehe...that actually did come to mind but i dont know much about them. Are you talking about the land ones? I would have to do my research first of course.

I do remember Sasamis Big Red...*sigh...how i luved Big Red! He was the biggest flirt!
He was an aquatic Hermie if i remember correctly.

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

maybe anglefish...or some large fish in general

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
luvnature- Hehe...that actually did come to mind but i dont know much about them. Are you talking about the land ones? I would have to do my research first of course.

I do remember Sasamis Big Red...*sigh...how i luved Big Red! He was the biggest flirt!
I was talking about SW, cuz I was guessing you wanted to put something aquatic in it, but land hermies are even better! If theirs any info you need on them you can PM me and I can give you my fav hermie websites and all. (Voices in your head r saying Land hermit crabs... LAND HERMIT CRABS!)

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

..oh so is that what that voice i hear in my head is saying?

Lve Never Fails

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:52 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature View Post
..oh so is that what that voice i hear in my head is saying?

Yep!

Land... Hermit... CRABS!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:28 PM

hehe!!! I would fill it full of Jelly beans!! But...as far as pets after i ate all the jelly belly's i would vote for some Koi and goldfishes?? or is that not possible?? or not an option...

i'm not 'aquatically' experienced
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature View Post
Hehe...that actually did come to mind but i dont know much about them. Are you talking about the land ones? I would have to do my research first of course.

Big Red was indeed an aquatic hermit crab . Very easy to take care of but you'd need a marine set-up.

Land hermits are neat...we have three. They are fun to watch although they don't seem as active as marine hermits.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 PM
is a little "special"

Yours arent as active? Sometimes mine wake me up 4 times a night lol! No wonder Im always tired... *Yawn*

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Not as active as my marine ones. The marine ones are literally always running around while the land ones sometimes hide.

~Stephanie

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 07:50 PM

Oh Luv, sounds like you are suffering the dreaded multiple tank syndrome!!

As for inhabitants, angels are awsome fish. We have a shark/angel/silver dollar tank and I absolutely love it!! Fancy goldfish would be awesome too!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 03:47 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

you could do a huge guppy tank! oh the colors... heh well.. im kinda hooked on guppies..

I would love to get an Oscar, so i suppose if someone gave me a 60gal i would prolly run out get an oscar.. but like you said, you could only really put one in there.. which while nice.. isnt very interesting to most people..
i'd love to have a goldie tank too.. a bunch of fancy goldfish.. oh that would be pretty.. not sure how many you could really put in a 60gal tho.. they are rather dirty..
What if you do a community tank? some guppies.. some mollies, platies.. and some neons.. i dunno what all would make a good community.. im sure Sasami could give you tons of suggestions, but to have a couple different types of schooling fish would be neat.. then maybe one or two larger fish.. and lots of plants.. real or fake.. heh.. i want alot of fishtanks.. the possibilities are endless!

My Furry Family
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

what about a muddskipper? or a mudskipper, and gold fish combo if you make it so the mudskipper will be able to get out of the water and the goldfish can have enough water.. it may be neato. i've wanted one along time hehe but they are kinda pricy at the one store that has them.. plus i wont buy from them.

crawfish seem neato. and fiddler crabs are fun to watch. i had 3 they were always looking like they wanted to fight everything so i named them stalan, mussillinni and hitler.

[/CENTER]

Tags
gold fish, hermit crab, hermit crabs, land hermit crabs, neon tetras, tropical fish