What Is Wrong With My Betta!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

What Is Wrong With My Betta!!!

Okay here is what i think yall need to know
1. it is a male betta
2. HE lives in a Quart tank.
3. i change his water eery two days
4. i am bout to change him to a gallon tank
5. he eats Top fin Betta Bits(mini floating pelltas with clor enhancer)
6. his water conditioner is complete betta
hope this is enough.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM

is he sick???
That's wonderful that you are moving him to a 1g.Bettas should have at least a gallon IMO.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

What's wrong with the little guy? What are his symptoms?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
What's wrong with the little guy? What are his symptoms?
well right now he isnt eatin (mabey cuz he dosnt like his food) umm dosnt swim his turing a little gray....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Well, in such a small tank you should be changing the water every day to keep ammonia down. So I would start by doing a water change but rather then a full one do a partial one so as not to stress him out. How old is he? How long have you had him?

Moving him to a bigger tank should help though you'll want to carefully acclimate him so he doesn't freak out.

Good luck .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

i donno how old he is but i have had him for like a month...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Oh, ok, then he's probably not too old.

I would bring in a sample of your tank water to be tested at a petstore...most stores do it for free. My guess is that there is ammonia building up because of the small volume of water but there may be other issues too which is why you should have the water tested. Man, that was a total run-on sentence .

Oh, and what's the temperature of the tank? Since bettas are tropical fish they need warmer temperatures. Bettas kept too cold often won't eat or swim much and they can get paler. So that could be an issue too. If you don't have a thermometer for the aquarium then definitely get one...they are really cheap and very helpful . You may need a small heater if the tank doesn't stay warm enough.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
Oh, ok, then he's probably not too old.

I would bring in a sample of your tank water to be tested at a petstore...most stores do it for free. My guess is that there is ammonia building up because of the small volume of water but there may be other issues too which is why you should have the water tested. Man, that was a total run-on sentence .

Oh, and what's the temperature of the tank? Since bettas are tropical fish they need warmer temperatures. Bettas kept too cold often won't eat or swim much and they can get paler. So that could be an issue too. If you don't have a thermometer for the aquarium then definitely get one...they are really cheap and very helpful . You may need a small heater if the tank doesn't stay warm enough.
i tried to check the water with a regular see if you have a fever thermometer but it didnt do anything... i will take some water to the petsmart where i got him...how much should i bring?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22revgirl View Post
i tried to check the water with a regular see if you have a fever thermometer but it didnt do anything... i will take some water to the petsmart where i got him...how much should i bring?
They sell aquarium thermometers there for like $2. Just don't get the sticker kind that go on the outside of the tank...those aren't as accurate.

You don't need very much...a small container will be fine .

~Stephanie

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
They sell aquarium thermometers there for like $2. Just don't get the sticker kind that go on the outside of the tank...those aren't as accurate.

You don't need very much...a small container will be fine .
okied okie.. what should the temp be?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22revgirl View Post
okied okie.. what should the temp be?
Between 76 and 80 degrees or so. I keep my bettas at 78 but you can keep them at cooler temperatures then that.

~Stephanie

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

well i moved him and he still isnt eating my dad wont buy me a themometer OR new food so i am doing ALL that i can to make him feel better...:wi will post pics later when ui get a chance...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM

Well, I give my betta the same food you give yours, he should be eating about 3 pelletts a day.

Also to help with the coloring, try freeze-dried blood worms
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Newborn Pup

I Need Help With My Betta

I came home today and I found that my betta's stomach has turned into this abnormal color. Also, he doesn't swim around as usual and he lost his appetite. Does anyone know what is wrong with him?? I'm really worried!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (51.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (52.8 KB, 5 views)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco86 View Post
I came home today and I found that my betta's stomach has turned into this abnormal color. Also, he doesn't swim around as usual and he lost his appetite. Does anyone know what is wrong with him?? I'm really worried!
Could you give some details on his set-up? Aquarium size, temperature, water change schedule, etc. Did you test the water?

~Stephanie

Tags
bigger tank, blood worms, male betta, tropical fish