Who WOuld Have Thought - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Who WOuld Have Thought

That I would miss the fish I rehomed. We gave 6 to my daughters friend after we taught her how to care for them and all that, and I miss them, it hit almost instantly. I needed to rehome some due to space and all, but I got so attatched to all of them. She took the mom of them all and 3 from the first batch of babies and 2 from this last batch...I miss Mommy the most, I didn't think I would feel like this, now we are going to buy a bigger tank and try to keep them all (after properly sexing them) because this is just to hard lol, to raise them and then have to send them away...even Ashley misses them now lol...who would have thought...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww bless ya.......to get a bigger tank and start keeping them is a good idea lol. xx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awwww...then getting a bigger tank and sexing them well will be good for you! You have guppies,am I right? Or was it mollies? They breed so fast!

I normally don't feel so passionate about my fish.I DO love them,but when they die or something,I am not devestated,as I would be if it was one of my furbabies.

That being said.When all of my goldfish passed on and I just had one little guy,I decided to give him to my sister who has a big tank of goldfish,so he wouldn't be alone.Well turns out I miss him ALOT.Fortunatly I can see him all the time...but somedays I wish I just kept him.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Almost as soon as she was out the door with them both Ash and I were worried about them lol...they were my babies.

They are mollies...the mom is almost all black with a few silver markings, the daddy is orange with black...so all the babies are a variety of orange and black...they are all just so cute. I am one of those people that get very attatched to my pets all of them lol. When the bettas passed on it broke my daughters heart so bad, she was so upset...we have decided for now we will not try to replace them...when the frogs died I cried so hard...the guppies we only had for a week when they got sick, they were so pretty...the mollies kinda snuck up on me though lol...didn't expect to feel this strongly lol...

We now have 17 mollies, 4 loaches, 2 placos (that are so big now) Cappy the goldfish (also grew huge). Cappy is in his own tank with the loaches, they coexist very well, they seem to get along great, and it helps give cappy company...all the mollies are in their tank with the placos and 2 other loaches...my placos are giant, when we got them they were the size of a quarter, now they are as big, or bigger, than a dollar bill lol, they are so beautiful.

I love all my fishies

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh yeah.Mollies are awesome little fish.
I like them.I love the black ones.

I also LOVE loaches.What kind of loaches do you have? I have a clown loach (need to get him some buddies as soon as I upgrade my tank) and 3 khluli loaches.One of my khlulis,the black guy (1 is black and the other 2 are the striped)I have had for a couple yrs now! And he survived alot.I had an outbreak of ICH in my tank once and it killed ALL my fish except the khluli and a platy and he also survived some moves and tank changes.He is my strong little guy and still going strong.

Sorry for rambling.I do love my fish,but when they pass I guess it is not as heartbreaking for me.You should post some tank pics...if you have any!

* Lisa *

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

I will post some pics tomorrow, I also have video of them...my placos are just so beautiful, I have a ton of pics of them lol My loaches are called algea loaches, they are so funny, they are fast little things, the cat ignores all the fish except them lol wierd...in each tank there is a small one and a large one lol and at first all 4 were the same. I just love to watch them all lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

I must admit i am the same as Lisa on this one lol although i love all my pets when i lose a fishy i am not gutted about it
I do feel bad that the fishy has died but it doesnt really seem to upset me that much for some reason.......on the other hand if i lose a furbaby i am devastated.....it may be because i have physical interaction with the furbabies and i dont with the fish???

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

I know alot of people who feel that way, I hand fed most of the babies, making sure they all got just enough to eat, and when the fungus killed the guppies I faught so hard to keep all the other fishies alive...watchuing the babies be born also made for a special bond...lol I am just one of those people who get very attatched to things lol...my fishies are so special to me lol, my dogs, cats and all my birds...I love them all so so so much lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 PM
is a little "special"

Im usually not that sad if a fishie dies... Unless if its a fishie I REALLY like, like my old goldie and betta... I cried when those died. :C
When I gave my betta Azure to my friend when my danios where picking on him, I acually asked for him back a few hours later! She gave him back, and I still owe her a new betta, LOL XD

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Hello Earthling

Yeah-I have to agree with most of the previous posters.

I don't really get worked up when I lose a fish-I mean I care and about I usually alway get over things like BAM and its all good.

But I can understand wanting them back after-I was like that when I had to give my poor little crayfish away-I still miss him,he was totally awesome.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol maybe I am so bonded because I watched them be born and made sure they had a good start, watching them grow from tiny babies to big ol fishies lol...but then again I have always been the type that gets attached easily lol

Here are a few quick photos from my cell, still uploading the others...look how big my placos are lol

lol I know they are blurry, I will make up for it tomorrow lol...my placos used to both fit under the bridge togather, now they are well over 4 inches each, they were so tiny when I brought them home lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awwwwww! I LOVE plecos.I miss mine.
Thanks for sharing!

* Lisa *

Tags
fish