Whoo! Finally Set Up the Tank Again! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Whoo! Finally Set Up the Tank Again!

I have a 55 gallon tank that had fish in it about two years ago until the top of the tank caught on fire and it wasn't any good anymore. I gave the fish away to a friend of mine with a big tank and lost all of the chemicals, filters, everything, whenever I moved to Ohio about a year ago.
Welll, I wanted to wait until I bought a house so I wouldn't have to worry about moving the fish in and out of the tank and stuff and I finally got the house about 3 months ago and figured it was that time again! FINALLY!
I went to the store yesterday and bought everything I needed...a whopping 275 dollars worth not including the fish or fish food...grr!
I am going tonight to get some fishies to put in it and I can not wait!
I will more than likely make a thread tomorrow and might just put the pics on here
Suggestions on what kind of fishies?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats. But you'll need to cycle the tank first,if you haven't already.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats! Canadiancritter is right, you need to cycle the aquarium before adding any fish . I posted a thread a while back on fishless cycling if you're not sure how to go about doing that.

Good luck!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Alright, thanks guys!! I cycled the tank and all is well. We just put 5 fishies in it and all are doing great besides one. It was not moving a whole lot whenever I bought it but it was in a tank by itself because a kid bought the other ones with it and I felt bad for the lil guy so I got him. On the way home in the bag, he didn't move a lot but I just thought maybe he was stressed? Well, I set them in the water for 25 minutes for them to get used to the temperature and then set them in there and all of the other fish swam around and were so excited and swimming everywhere, it was so neat! It just made the money worth it But the blue guy just stayed at the top of the tank barely moving. I thought it could have been an oxygen problem but we have little decoration bubble things with the air pump all through out the tank and the other fish are doing great? I don't know what is wrong with the poor guy. I checked on him again all through out the day yesterday and today he was at the bottom of the tank barely moving beside breathing a bit. I took him out of the tank and put him in a smaller one by himself so the other fish wouldn't pick on him (I get too worried!) and he looks terrible What do you think could be wrong with him? The only thing I could have thought of was oxygen, but his scales are losing color. I had my water checked and they said everything was perfect so I don't know?

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

What kind of fish are they?

My Furry Family