Worried - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Worried

Some of my molly's have this bumps on them, they look like they are under the scales but I can't see them to well...I have looked it up but I am not seeing to much, I asked the vet and she said she would get back to me...I am a little worried, they are still eating and active but I need to figure out what it is and how to treat it so it doesn't spread...has anyone seen anything like this? They kind of look like pimples but with no white heads or anything...I will try and get a pic but its so hard because as soon as I go by the tank they swarm wherever I am at lol...just curious as to what this is and really worried about my plecos possible getting it...any help much appreciated

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

This might help you: http://badmanstropicalfish.com/articles/article25.html

I would just wait until your vet gets back to you, because it's hard to say what it is without a professional diagnosis.

Good luck, I really hope it's nothing serious .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

well a week ago we treated it for fungus, the vet wanted to make sure it wasn't any type of fungus, then as she said we did a water change, they are all happy, just some have lumps, so now we are treating it for parasites, she said to make sure its not any type of worm...My fish have always thrieved as you know (total of 47 happy healthy babies most rehomed) and my plecos are now giant (getting them a bigger tank soon) I just am hoping this isn't something that will kill them all...the vet had me get the water checked, all was ok...she admitedly isn't great on fish so we are all learning togather...it just has me baffled, I read the links and I am so hoping its not one of the contagious diseases....I love my fishies and I am so worried they will not make it

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Just wanted to update...well the update is theres no real change.

We treated them for parasites and then we treated them for fungus...doing water changes and everything per vet recommendations...they still have the lumps, and now I am concerned it may be one of the fatal diseases...I don't know, but I do know I am so worried about them.

I was going to take my plecos and loaches out and put them in Cappy's tank, but I am worried they will give something to cappy...cappy is truely a huge part of the family so I will not take that chance...ughhh I am so stressed out over this...first it was the non stop babies (which I have kept most of) then it was ick, I didn't lose any to it, and now this....I am just hoping them will be ok and we will figure all of this out

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Part of the Pack

oh man good luck! Have you tried looking up pictures of any of those viruses or diseases sasami sent you???? do they look like what your fish have??
Also- IF the pleco and loaches arent showing signs, its possible they arent infected, although its always possible they are and just not showing it yet. Do you have a med tank set up? If so, you should move them, or the mollies into that. (its always good NOT to medicate too much - if the fish isnt sick- or the fish could not respond to further treatment if they have already gotten a bunch of it..) If you dont have one its always a good idea, just store a 10gal or something in your garage, they are super easy to upkeep, just throw a bucket of water in every now and then, with a heater and small filter, and they are a LIFESAVER when you get sick fishes!
keep us updated!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

we do need to invest in a hospital tank, we are trying to save for one...the plecos and the loaches seem fine, they are very active and vibrant as ever, just the mollies are sick...the site she sent was very helpful, but there were no pictures, but I do think its one of the the fish pox or something...the bumps are not a strange color, they are the color of the area they are on...its on 4 of the adult mollies...all the babies are happy and healthy looking...we may try and get an extra tank this weekend...I worry so much about my fish...I will try to get pictures of the lumps...its so hard because the fish see me and swarm the glass lol

On a side note cappy the gorgeous Red Cap Oranda Goldfish is looking amazing and man has he grown...his orange bulb on the top of his head is getting large and looks like tis flowering he was so tiny when we got him and now he is huge, I will post pictures of him soon...his 2 loaches are also doing super well, the 3 of them seem to be happy and healthy...I will try and get pics of all 3 soon

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
molly fish sick