Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Yay! New Hatchetfishes!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nik8806 
#1 ·
So, around May I had a huge issue in my tank and a lot of my fish died. I was left with some Harlequin rasboras, botias, hatchetfish and a pleco. Luckily I fixed the problem and everyone was fine. Then two of my rasboras broke their jaws!?! So I had to put them down, and one hatchetfish and one rasbora got dropsy! (all this happened during the summer while i was away for a internship) :(
So - I had one rasbora, three hatchetfish, 2 botias, and a pleco!

Recently I started working at The Reef. (which is the only good fish store in Ak. If you want healthy fish that is)
I have upped my number of fish since starting there also!
I got two more golden zebra botias to go along with my large golden zebra and my burmese border botia. four more H. Rasboras - totallying 5, and just today I got 3 more marble hatchetfish!!! Im pretty excited as we dont get nice looking hatchetfish in often. They are usually sickly and dont look very nice. - I also got a new plant today which im pretty excited about as well! :)

I put a link to some pictures!

http://nik8806.smugmug.com/gallery/6652478_vVAfu#424603079_Ef6h5

See less See more
#2 ·
Too bad you had a bout of bad luck with your tank! Enjoyed the pictures! I love hatchetfish and want some soon! But they are hard to get here.

#4 ·
just make sure to keep your tank covered..these fish will easily jump out of your tank

#5 ·
oh yes ive heard! Mine is covered completely!
When I first got the tank the very back wasnt completely secured and there was a SMALL hole where i cut for the wires of the heater, well one day I was sitting on my bed and heard a splash, and something on the floor! Turns out my botia (zeeke) jumped out of the tank! luckily i was there and could get him back in right away! He is now the largest fish in there. The back is now taped down! haha
oh fishes, they keep us on our toes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.