11-12 Month old Male Pit needs home ASAP - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

11-12 Month old Male Pit needs home ASAP

For those of you who may be interested or don't know the story, on Oct 1st 2004, "Q" was brought into the clinic for a deworming. The owner had to go to work, so Q was left at the office and was to be picked up that afternoon.
The owner never showed up Attempts to contact the owner have been unsuccessful and Q is now deemed "abandoned" (we think the owner may have gone to jail as Q's been coming to the clinic since he was tiny and the owner paid to have him treated for Parvo several months ago. This is not a dog the owner would have just dumped)
Q is a tan and white, unaltered male and is extremely friendly. When he first came to us, he jumped all over people and pulled hard when on leash. Since his time with us, he's learned not to jump on people and leashwork is getting MUCH better! Q is still learning basic commands as I am the only one that is really "working" with him. He has NO food aggression, however he is Dog-aggressive. Q really needs to be in an only dog home. Not sure how he would do with cats, but I wouldn't recommend it. With children, Q would probably do well although I would recommend older children as he is a big boy and kinda clumbsy sometimes (could easily knock over a small child)
In a home, potential owner needs good knowlege of bully breeds and their stubbornness. He craves love and attention and is MORE than happy for the tiniest amount of affection and praise. I think in the right hands, Q is VERY trainable as he is a SMART dog. But the owner would have to be firm with him.
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested, please call Academy Pet Hospital in Fayetteville, NC at 910-484-7153 for information.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Forgot to add, please feel free to crosspost

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Q will be sent to the pound (and euthanized if not claimed in 3 days) on Wednesday. I have someone coming to look at him on Monday so keep your fingers crossed for Q. He's a GOOD dog and doesn't deserve to be euthanized!

Just an added note: I would take him myself but for his dog aggression and although I'm sure would be fine with Kali, Orion will not have it. I can't crate him here or lock one of them in a bedroom as I am renting and can't really afford to replace yet another door! Please, if anyone can foster or would like to adopt Q PLEASE let me know! I've grown quite attached to him and the progress he's shown in behavior over the past 2 months has been incredible!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at

Last edited by Chinchilla_Girl; 12-03-2004 at 10:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

That's horrible. I'll be praying for at least a foster home for Q.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Mandie I'm so sorry hun, Darren wanted to ask if you all have contacted the Sherrif's dept. or the county clerk's office, because if the owner is in Jail they would know.....or maybe they could track him down, and if that doesn't work have you all thought about contacting the local media??
I so wish I was there to at least be able to foster "Q", no dog deserves this.
a hug goes out to you for your efforts, I know how hard this must be on you.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

Just wanted to let you know there are alot of Pit rescues down south here's one in nc i found http://geocities.com/ImladrisDogs/ do a seao asearch i am sure there are more! Good luck!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLoveRats
Just wanted to let you know there are alot of Pit rescues down south here's one in nc i found http://geocities.com/ImladrisDogs/ do a seao asearch i am sure there are more! Good luck!
Thank you, I e-mailed them and if they aren't too far, hopefully they can take him in. I couldn't find where they were located

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

I e-mailed about 3 other rescue organizations that aren't too incredibly far from me. I'll let you know when I hear from them. Thanks for you're support guys, I've grown attached to Q and really don't want to see him put down

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

One reply already from the rescue SugarLoveRats posted...they are about 2 hours away, but unfortunetly just took in 11 heartworm infested Golden Retrievers and don't have anywhere to put a dog agressive pitty

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee Mandie I'm sorry to hear the sad news on the reply you received, wow 11 heartworm infested goldies...... I'm still wishing you the best of luck in finding a place for "Q"

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Thanks Kim...did you get my PM?

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yup

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Adolescent Pup

I really hope you find one that can take him, if you can find a pitbull specific rescue I am sure they will take him and might even come get him, I wish you and Q the best of Luck, and I wish I was in NC I would foster him!! But PA's a long way!!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Mandie, you might try this link:
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8855

I hope Q finds a home.

Stephanie

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Thanks for the link Stephanie...I've e-mailed many of them already and no responses yet

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at

Tags
bully breeds, golden retriever