16 week old Golden/chow Mix to be put down - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation 16 week old Golden/chow Mix to be put down

If ANYONE in the NC area can take this dog, please call me in the next hour. There is someone bringing in a 4 month old golden/chow mix who is very territorial and has been aggressive to their daughter, for euthanasia. I can't take it, nor can anyone here. I wanted to post and give it a shot.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

OMG that is so sad ... I hate to say this, but I think it has something to do with Golden/Chow & Lab/Chow mixes, because that is how our scooby is .... he's not aggressive with other people just is very tempermental and can go after the other dog's here for no apparant reason, but we work through it .....
All those people had to do was call an obedience trainer and make time to work with the dog

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

It's here now. Anyone?

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I wish I lived near I would have taken him.
Cant you save him untill you find him a home?
Do you have to put an animl don if the owner says even if there is nothing wrong with the dog?

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Curmudgeon

Sorry Steph.

I know how tough it is to put down a perfectly healthy animal.

Wish I could help...

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_smurtles
Do you have to put an animl don if the owner says even if there is nothing wrong with the dog?
Sadly in most states/counties/cities in the United States if an owner wants to have his/her animal euthanized they can unless other arrangements have been made prior to the injection.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

The hospital isn't willing to accept liability in the event that we adopt her out, so she's going to be laid to rest.

Stephanie

Closed Thread

Tags
chow mix