5 kittens, dumped in parking lot (pics) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Unhappy 5 kittens, dumped in parking lot (pics)

We had 5 kittens dumped in our parking lot today here in Huntersville, NC. A client came in holding three after finding them and the other two were quickly caught by an employee.

There are 3 black/white ones, a white/black one that may be spoken for, and a grey one.

I haven't checked sexes yet, but we can only keep these kitties until Monday morning - then they get turned over to animal control.

If anyone is interested in taking or fostering any of these kitties, please let me know ASAP. I'm going to get pictures tomorrow, tonight if I'm lucky and can beg Chris to bring me my camera.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

that is sooo sad. I hate people who do stuff like that. For free ads in newspapers are generally free for crying out loud

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 06:41 PM

Ughhh some people make me sick... I hope that you all are able to find them homes before Monday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

UGH!!! that just sickens me, we go through this almost everyday here, and to hear of it more and more over there, if we were there, I would hop in the car and go get them from you Jade, just to give them a place that they can be fed, housed and loved until a new permanent home could be found for them.......Okay who wants to help us find land in the states????? The sooner we find land the sooner I get to come back

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 08:54 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Ugh. I just sent an email out regarding this to people in Iredell Cty. Be sure Mandie sees this too! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Such stupid people......

~ Jodi ~

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I see it and I would LOVE to at least take one of the black and white kittens! We've always had good luck with the Tuxedos...Kali, I know would love it...she loves feisty kittens, but Orion has never been around them...he'd probably be scared I'll talk to Shane and see what he says...I also ask around here too. If anyone is interested, I'll call you Jade and come up. My last black and white was a junkyard kitten who I rescued after his mom was attacked by a dog...he was about 3 weeks and I raised him from then on. Any idea on the ages of these little ones? Are they weaning age or do they still need bottle feedings?

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

They're eating solid food well, so they shouldn't need bottle fed.

Here are the stats:

Grey kitten - male - 13 oz

Black/white - male - 16 oz

Black/white on nose - male - 14 oz

Black/white - female - 10.5 oz

And the white/black female is spoken for but is 14.5 oz

All the kittens have fleas, as well as diarrhea due to tapeworms and giardia. We've started treatment here for both tapeworms and giardia, as well as applied Advantage to take care of the fleas. Otherwise they're looking healthy and active. I'll have pics posted tonight.

Mandie, they're all sweet as pie - if you want one (or two, 'cause you know the one you get will need a friend), let me know ASAP. They'd make great pets!

Stephanie

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awww how sweet. They seem to be good weights for having tape worms and giardia. Poor babies.

Ya'll are awesome!! Good luck with them

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

So tempting...I really would have to do a test first...take them and rub them under my chin...in 5 minutes if I'm not all itchy and rashy...Shane said he'd think about it...I'll call you later and let you know

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no! How terrible!!!!! They sound so cute, I can't wait to see pics! I hope they find wonderful homes! Awwww white and black kitties like my Snuggies! Ahhh come on, Mandie! You know you want to take 2 of them! I hope you can get one, though! That would be neat! I hope you aren't allergic if you do the *test*!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygurl823
Oh no! How terrible!!!!! They sound so cute, I can't wait to see pics! I hope they find wonderful homes! Awwww white and black kitties like my Snuggies! Ahhh come on, Mandie! You know you want to take 2 of them! I hope you can get one, though! That would be neat! I hope you aren't allergic if you do the *test*!
The test is the biggest thing...even if Shane says we can take one, they would have to pass the test. I'm not allergic where I sneeze or my eyes water, but certain cats make me itch and you know how they LOVE to rub up under your chin! Not all cats and not all breeds, just certain ones for some strange reason. He did say no more species after the rabbit though, so I don't know...still have to wait although he did put up a flier at the shop for them. If anyone is interested, they are supposed to call me. I have no problem going up to pick them up from Jade...good excuse to visit her and her chinnies again

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Miss New Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
He did say no more species after the rabbit though, so I don't know
No more species! Awww, well I hope you could get one! Yup, good excuse to visit Stephanie again!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

The black/white female found a home with a client today!

So we have all males left, a grey and two black/white ones.

Mandie, I'll tell you that the few I've loved on (not letting myself get attached) haven't bothered my allergies and I'm the same way. You could just drive up here for the test, yanno. They do have to go to animal control on Monday unless I have a definite yes, though.

Stephanie

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Well, I do prefer the black and whites as they always seem to have really fun personalities...but my friend Corine is calling her sister in law right now...her SIL is a HUGE animal lover and they have several cats and a couple of dogs...hopefully Angie can take them. I told Corine to tell her I would go up and get them for her if she wanted so I'm just waiting on the call back now.

Okay well Corine called me back and Angie isn't home right now...she'll call me when Angie calls her or she'll try again in the morning...we're working on it!

Ronda, if you see this and want them, let me know, I'll pick you up and we can take a road trip...I don't want to see kittens head to animal control

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at

Last edited by Chinchilla_Girl; 07-10-2004 at 08:24 PM.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yay, I bought us a day. Mandie, if you can't come up here until Monday it's ok -- if you give me a definite maybe, they can stay until Tuesday.

Stephanie

Tags
animal control, animal lover