Cayman Islands Dog Needs Home - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Day

Hi
I am looking for a new home for Bruno, a mixed breed 'Cayman Dog' who currently resides in the Shelter here. He probably has about a week left before the shelter gets overcrowded yet again, and the dogs are selected for euth. Bruno has been at the shelter the longest, he'll be next.
He's about a year old, is mid sized and has a beautiful mid length haired mottled coat. He is a little shy of new people and situations but warms up quickly and is energetic, playful and curious.
I've just taken him on a long walk and he doesn't tug on the leash. He mixes well with the other dogs at the shelter, but i cant vouch for how he is around children.
Even if you work in a shelter and think you can accomodate him, think of the great PR you can get from having a 'Cayman Dog' flown over. I am prepared to pay for everything that needs to be done to find this beautiful boy a home.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Bruno Pic.doc (54.0 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 12:43 AM

Oh i hope you find him a home. Has anyone responded yet? He looks like a great dog, anyone who has the ability to save this dog would be lucky to have him. He is in my prayers.

Good luck Bruno
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Day

Thanks - no home for Bruno as yet. The shelter is overcrowded now, but i think i have found someone to pay for him to go in to private kennels, its not really ideal as he needs a home now, but it'll give him more time to find someone.
I took him out to a park on Tuesday and whilst he was sniffing a flower a big butterfly landed on it, it initially scared him but then he sat and watched it for a while. Made me realise that living all his life in a shelter, means he has so much that is new to explore and he deserves that. The dogs all do get walks from the shelter but it is set in an industrial park so not much wildlife there. Today i'll take him to the beach and see what he makes of that.
Thanks for you kind thoughts.

Tags
mixed breed