Chow Mix Needs home - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Chow Mix Needs home

We got a new dog into boarding today...a Chow Mix we are currently calling "LuvPuppy". He was found just a few days ago by a private rescuer in the Harris Teeter parking lot with a huge chain around his neck! The rescuer is going out of town for a few days, so we have him now. She asked if we could help find him a home, so here I am!
The thing that bugs me is, this lady (although well meaning) also rescues a LOT of cats. At first when she brought the dog in, I though it smelled like cheese. So, I asked her if she wanted him bathed while boarding. She said no, he'll be fine...well, he WASN'T fine! About 5 minutes after going into Dog Ward 1, this overpowering stench of cat pee penetrated the concrete walls! OMG this dog STUNK! Dr. Lehr asked me to bring the dog to his office so he could administer the rabies vaccine, so I did...Dr. Lehr's office started to stink too! I took him back to his cage and went about my work. OMG the smell!! I finished my own work quickly and told Cesea...I don't care, that dog is getting a BATH! So the last 10 minutes of the day was spent washing the dog. Finally, I got him all done and he's smelling wonderful now! I told Dr. Lehr right before I left that I gave him a complimentary bath and if he wanted, he could take it out of my paycheck...Dr. Lehr almost hugged me! Thanked me profusely for bathing the dog! He said if I hadn't, he would have done it himself (that's how bad the dog smelled)
Anyway, if anyone is interested in a rescued Chow Mix who now is "smelling like roses" PLEASE respond! He's is totally housebroken (according to the rescuer) and gets along with other cats and dogs very well. He seems to know basic commands and LOVES everyone!! I'll get some pics on Friday of this cute guy! (He is REALLY cute!) and seems to me that he's very eager to please and will be very easily trainable. If you are interested, let me know! I promise, he won't smell like cat pee

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chow mix