Foster kitty needs surgery - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Unhappy Foster kitty needs surgery

I am fostering an adorable kitten that was abandoned at my vets office after being found by a city worker in a storm drain.
This cute little rascal has 7 toes on one front paw and 6 on
each of all the other paws, so we call him Dij short for Dijess (Diget due to all the toes). Dij has a severe leg deformaty, his rear right foot is bent completely backward to the point of him wearing down the top of his little paw. He can't leap to well since he only has one leg to leap with and he stumbles and falls occationally. He has broken his toe on his bad foot so this is a problem for him. Several experts have suggested complete leg amputation. It wouldn't be benefictial for him to get partial amputation and a prostecess since the leg will always have sores and sorness at the artificial connection. He needs shots and neutering as well.
The total care costs will be about $600 total. I have several other animals in my shelter with health expenses and I can't afford to cover this one too. I was hoping to get some input on raising enough money for his surgery and any extra fund would go to a spay/neuter program. I thought even if $1 were donated by many people this will add up fast to help this little beauty. I will be placing him up for adoption when he is fully recovered. Dij is a very gentle friendly kitten but I am allergic
Any ideas to help me set something up and would you readers spread the word to help too? I have some pics of him I'll post later.
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
neuter program