Gerbils Need Home in Michigan - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Gerbils Need Home in Michigan

Hi all! A friend of mine has to adopt out some of her gerbils. Here is a message from her. I hope somebody here can help her and her little gerbils. Thanks!

As much as I LOVE my gerbils, I'm afraid I've reached a point where I need to decrease my gerbil population. I currently have 11, and my boyfriend has 8. We're planning to move in together in the coming months and I think any renter would frown upon 19 gerbils. Not only that, but I feel bad because I don't have time to play with all of them and give them the attention that they need.

So, here are the ones I'm looking to find new homes for:

Carmen and Christine - two black females that are in a 10 gallon tank together

Honey and Jane - a female DEH and a female golden agouti living together in a 10 gallon tank

Pepper and his "crew" - Pepper is a black male and his "crew" are 2 golden agouti males. They are also living in a 10 gallon tank, which I feel is too small.... another reason I feel bad about having them

I would like to find homes for at least 2 of these 3 groups of gerbils.

I know they're not exotic colors and I admit... they're not very tame. But they're a lot of fun to watch. I just want them to be with someone who can play with them and appreciate them more.

I'm asking a $15 fee per group. It will include the gerbils, their tank, their wheel, the food dish and the water bottle. However, I'm willing to negotiate.

So, if anyone is interested, please reply. I'd be willing to drive up to 3 hours or so to meet someone. I'm in the Flint area.

Also, does anyone have any other tips on how to find them good homes? I live in a small town of only about 1,000 people. And I tried placing ads when the babies were born, but no one around here was interested. I've thought about asking around at the schools and seeing if any of the teachers would like them. Anyone have any advice? Thanks a lot.

Oh, by the way, they were born April 27th so they're just over 6 months old.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 PM

hey

are the gerbils still available?

Tags
golden agouti