Guinea Pig Looking for a Home - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Unhappy Guinea Pig Looking for a Home

I have a friend that bought a Guinea Pig for his kids but nobody is taking care of it. They want to find a new home for it. Is anybody interested or know of somebody in the Southern Indiana area that would be interested in taking him/her or a rescue that would take it? It comes with it's cage and all it's belongings. He/She is a cutie, I don't have a good pic, the only one he sent me is to dark to see anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

~
~

~*~*~
or
~*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Part of the Pack

Any more info? Do they know the age or sex of the pig?

There are a couple Southern Indiana Guinea Pig Rescues available:

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/IN104.html
http://www.cavyrescue.com/rescues.htm

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

They don't know ANYTHING about this poor thing . It's name is Piglet. I mentioned the rescues to him and he doesn't want to drive to take it anyplace . I'm thinking about taking it until I can find it a home but I have a house full right now and I don't know if my hubby will go for it.

~
~

~
~

~*~*~
or
~*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Seeker of Orbs

that's....really poor. they don't want to drive it anywhere?

I'm in TN....if i was closer i'd take it.

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I know, it'a sad. Some people just shouldn't own animals. Thank you for your concern, I wish you were closer to.

~
~

~
~

~*~*~
or
~*~*~
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Part of the Pack

Maybe you could take it in and foster it until you can find a suitable home or take it to the rescue?

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Seeker of Orbs

may i ask where abouts in Indy are you?

~beth

thank you!--->

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

We are in Evansville Indiana. We are talking about taking it until we can find it a home for it but it doesn't look like my other half is going to let me (I'm working on it). I would just take it to the rescue myself but our car isn't running right now. It's very frustrating.

~
~

~
~

~*~*~
or
~*~*~
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hm. I'm up in Vincennes and I went with a friend to adopt 2 female piggies from a rescue last weekend. Can you put 3 girls together in 1 cage? If so, I bet she'd like to have another one. I'll check with her.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Part of the Pack

You can keep three sows together but the first thing this person needs to do is properly sex their pig. Would they be willing to try and determine the gender of it? If it is a boar, you can extrude the penis just like you would with a male chinchilla. If it is a sow, there obviously will be no penis when you push around the area.

Can you point them to this website? http://cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm

I am guessing they would not want to take it to a vet in order to be properly sexed. Is Evansville near the KY/IN border?

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

E'ville is on the KY/IN border. It's on the river and across the river is KY.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Our house is 5 maybe 10 minutes from the Ky border. I'm going to pass on the info to him and see if he can figure out if it's a male or female. Thanks

~
~

~
~

~*~*~
or
~*~*~
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Seeker of Orbs

keep us posted on how things develope.....and if someone can take it or not....hope something works out.

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 01:08 PM

hey there i was just wondering if you still have the guinea pig that needs a home. if so my children and i would love to give it a great home! we live in chandler and could come and pick it up whenever is convient for you. you can email me at [email protected]
thanks so much!
melissa
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

this was posted in 2005, i doubt the pig is still looking for a home try looking around the local shelters

[/CENTER]

Tags
guinea pig, guinea pig rescue