This is heartbreaking! Can anyone help!!!?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Exclamation This is heartbreaking! Can anyone help!!!??

My friend just sent me this link to someone who wants to get rid of two turtles and a guinea pig! These animals are obviously neglected and NEED a home.This girl is located in Newfoundland.I really wanna get those animals out of there,but I don't want anymore turtles and as much as I want a GP,I have NOTHING I need for one.

The pictures are heartbreaking and makes me angry to see that people could do such things...

HELP!
http://bluekaffee.com/topicview.php?...153644#1153644

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 05:02 PM

I used to go on Blue Kaffee..but I was part of too many sites so yeah.

This is AWFUL.That aquarium those turtles are in,I have one exactly like it.My male betta,guppy (my other guppy died) & 2 frogs are in it.Those turtles look similar to the size my turts are,don't they? Holy crap I want to ring that persons neck!
& that cage the pig's in,thats the same size my mice were in first! WHAT is wrong with that person??

post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Title Thief Victim

Thats horrible. I wish I could take tehm...but im not anywhere near there.

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver
I used to go on Blue Kaffee..but I was part of too many sites so yeah.

This is AWFUL.That aquarium those turtles are in,I have one exactly like it.My male betta,guppy (my other guppy died) & 2 frogs are in it.Those turtles look similar to the size my turts are,don't they? Holy crap I want to ring that persons neck!
& that cage the pig's in,thats the same size my mice were in first! WHAT is wrong with that person??

I am not a BK member,for some reason I could never sign up.My friend always lets me know about ads on there tho,as sometimes ppl wanna get rid of rats and post there.

I know...I cannot believe how she could let this happen!There is NO excuse.And look how dirty those enclosures are! I feel sooo bad! I do not want more turtles and as much as I want a GP,it is not a good time and the cage I HAD for a GP is now turned into a rat cage.I asked Steph if she could take the turtles or knows anyone who will...so we shall see.I have my fingers crossed.

* Lisa *

post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:30 PM

That is absolute crap!!! And this person thinks there is nothing wrong with any of it??!! I would scoop them up in a heartbeat if I was anywhere near there. I hope someone can help and soon.
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:43 PM

My heart breaks for those creatures.
Would it have killed missus to get a large bin for those turtles?
You can get a large bin for cheaper than a 10gal at Wal-Mart!
& WHY didn't she make a cage using cubes?? ugh!
WiSH I could take in all three & personally give her a piece of my mind.With the condition those animals are in,I bet it's not a case of allergies,it's probably case of boredom.OR if her dad's sick it's because he's being exposed to FiLTH! You are right.They aren't even clean!
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 PM

What do you think the chances are that she can bring them like half way or so to me if I take them?
I know,I'll be like...sheesh,bankrupt then with the buying of the bird cage& the upgrade for the mice,but I could get a large bin for the turts & I can make a cube cage for the GP...
should I email& ask? & Deal with dad's ever peeved-offyness of me having my apartment pretty full as is??... I DiD say I wanted even more turts& I was going to get the GP before but it died so Deon obviously didn't need the home then So,what do you think? Worth a shot?
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:33 PM

Vanilla Rat - would it be okay to cross post this on the guinealynx and guinea pig cage forum? Or maybe you could post it there?

Who could do that to a living thing? They can't even move!

ETA: I couldn't wait, I cross posted it. I wish I could do something to help, im just so far away.

Last edited by Ambieruns10; 12-30-2006 at 12:43 PM.
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Will It Ever Change?

eeewww the turtle water is sooo skunky, i bet they'd die soon if it's not changed, like man, fill the bath tub and let them swim or simething.

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:51 PM

I emailed her Lisa.I wanted to see if she can somehow help get them out here to me because I'm at a real disadvantage being hours away,but seriously,the thought of those animals like that was making me cry.Don't even look like those turts have proper lighting!
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:57 PM

P.S. Can you even house frogs or fish in those kits? Or are they generally pointless to even buy ?
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
Vanilla Rat - would it be okay to cross post this on the guinealynx and guinea pig cage forum? Or maybe you could post it there?

Who could do that to a living thing? They can't even move!

ETA: I couldn't wait, I cross posted it. I wish I could do something to help, im just so far away.
I think it's nice of you to cross post! I'm sure the animals will appreciate it!

I emailed the girl.I'm hoping I can save these animals.
I have spare cages,but I want to build a big cube cage for the guinea pig,& if the girl really can help get them out to me I'm going to head to Wal-Mart to get something good for the turts to live in so on arrival they can be out of that aquarium!
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM

Way to go guys!! If i was in Canada I would be right there with ya!!
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 07:21 PM

THAT iS HORRiBLE!! i LOVE ANiMALS AND i HATE SEEiNG STUFF LiKE THiS. iT iS SO SAD.
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Melissa...any replies?

I wish I could take them and as you know have wanted a GP since forever.I had a cage and everything,but turned it into a rat cage.If I knew there would be a horrible case like this coming my way,I wouldn't of turned it to a ratty cage.

Those animals NEED out of there!

Thanks Amber for cross posting...I dunno how to do it,so I am glad you done it!

* Lisa *

Tags
animal care, bird cage, crested gecko, guinea pig, guinea pig cage, male betta, rat cage, vanilla rat