Help is my hamster dying? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Help is my hamster dying?

Hello all, I have a small dawaf russian hamster, she is about 1yr old, the other dat my partner noticed that she was looking old, and was not opening her eyes fully, she has food and water we checked that the water was coming out but still a week later she is still not looking any beter, today at lunchtime I took her out as she was in her wheel really struggling to move it, she bit me and once I put her back she was falling over and would not move she is now moving. I am worried about her can anyone advise me what else I could do, or if anyony has had this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Hello Earthling

Vet now

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Rodentologist

Go to the vet.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for your replys, I have a vet appointment on Thursday, but was wondering if anyone has had this before and if there is anything I can do before thursday to help her,
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Playful Pup

Try feeding him babyfood...We had a dwarf hamter that we fed chicken in broth....also baby food carrots...both are in jars....Maybe his teeth are long and can;t eat....Let us know what happens..as for the eyes he could have conjuctivitous (pink eye) ours had that and its treatable..you can try cleaing his eye with a warm cotton swab..good luck and let us know how he is doing.

Adopt a Rodent from a rescue places instead of buying one at a pet store!

Last edited by RodentsRus; 08-20-2009 at 08:07 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Playful Pup

Hope all is well with your little one...What did the vet say...

Adopt a Rodent from a rescue places instead of buying one at a pet store!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Playful Pup

i agree with rodentrus

have you an update on your little hamster??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My lil Peatree [bearded dragon] ...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Kinda sounds like what happened to my rabbit - he died, as near as we can figure, from an impaction. You say she's pooping normally?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Newborn Pup

do you have an update on the little guy?

MY BABIES:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob
Lexi
Sophie

Misty
Midnight

Saffy
Sweet Pea
Zippy
Mandy

Pepper + 6
babies

R.I.P. Dezzie, Peaches, Puff, Pumpkin, Aurora and Ed
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 PM
is a little "special"

This was from 2 years ago. Even if the hamster made it, I highly doubt he is still alive LOL.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
hamster