Katrina help for homeless pets - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Katrina help for homeless pets

I am a member of many forums, mostly pet related, and while I was going thru my daily routine of checking out my favorite sites I found this on one of the forums I visit. It seems legit and my heart has just gone out to those in need in LA. I actually plan on helping by fostering one of the pets comeing in with the convoy.
---------------

NEWS from PetNeighbor.Net
Phone: (866) 673-4702
Email: [email protected]

Pet Protection Agency Opens Doors to Help Katrina’s Homeless Pets
Company dedicates toll-free number and staff time to help owners find their lost pets –866/673-4704

(West Point, GA) The Pet protection advocates at PetNeighbor.Net are donating their services to help connect lost and abandoned pets in the overcrowded shelters in the hurricane-ravaged regions with their owners.
“If our mission is to protect pets and prevent their human families from suffering that loss, how can we not do this?” asks Tim ‘TJ’ Johannsen, Chief Operating Officer of PetNeighbor.Net.
“We understand the needs of humans come first. People in our office have family members affected by this devastation, and like everyone, our ongoing personal efforts are to help the people,” said Johannsen. “But our core business is about pets and the pet’s family, and we cannot sit by, watch and not try to help them, too.”
“The people whose lives have been disrupted are hurting enough already. If we can ease one anxiety for them – the fear that their pet is suffering – then we’ll have improved their lives, and the lives of their pets,” added Johannsen.
PetNeighbor.Net call center staff members are contacting shelters in the devastated region to get pictures of the found animals, and will place them on the www.petneighbor.net pet gallery website, along with any information known about the found pet. “Owners with missing pets can look through the site, and contact us using our toll-free number,” said Johannsen. ”We have set up a direct number for Katrina’s pet victims - 866/673-4704.
“I only wish we were further along in our operations. Our national rollout is just starting. A year from now we could make a huge difference in the region. Now we need to be more creative in our approach,” he added. But the cause is good. We need to help.”
For further information, contact Paige Brumfield at 866/673-4702 or email: [email protected].

KatrinaPetConvoy.org
For More Information Contact:
Lisa Schulz or Jill Rosenfield
1-866-673-4704 or 678-932-9940
[email protected]

PetNeighbor.Net is also sponsoring KatrinaPetConvoy.org which has mobilized to pick up pets left homeless by Hurricane Katrina. The convoy is leaving Arlington, Texas and headed to Atlanta with hundreds of pets that need both temporary and permanent homes as a result of the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.

The primary effort is to find homes for those pets that lost their families as a result of the hurricane. The number one need now is homes for these animals. All have been fully vetted, are current on their shots and are in no way contagious to other animals. They have also been spayed or neutered.

A convoy to transport as many as 100 animals from Arlington, Texas to Atlanta, Georgia has been established. However, KatrinaPetConvoy.org needs to ensure that these animals will have permanent homes identified in Atlanta prior to transporting the pets.

If anyone is interested in adopting a cat, dog or bird, they can log onto the website at www.katrinapetconvoy.org, and enter their contact information or call our toll free number 1-866-673-4704. A member of the organization will then contact you to make arrangements. The first group of homeless pets is expected to arrive in Atlanta late Thursday evening (September 9) or Friday afternoon (September 10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement