Kitty desperate for home in So. Calif. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Kitty desperate for home in So. Calif.

I am in desperate need to find a home for a couple of females. They are both sweethearts. I found them as feral kittens and have been trying to find homes for them ( one has been here a year now), but so far have had no luck. My husband has reached the point that he has had enough. He say's he can't handle 6 cats any more, and I must do something about this situation. If I can't find homes quickly for them, they may end up having to go to a shelter which will only hold them a week before putting them down.
They both are in home only kitties. They are litter box and cat post trained, though the youngest (MuMu) likes to race up my drapes.
MuMu is what I call a black Calico. Mainly black and red with a little white on the tip of her tail. She is the youngest, about 6 or 7 months old and is still in training to stay off the table and counters.
She's very shy around strangers and still will startle easy. I have had her for almost 4 months. I have not gotten her fixed or shots yet because I haven't been able to afford it, but if someone will take her, I now have the money to take her in and get her current. She must be an inhouse only due to a weak hind leg. The leg is now strong and doesn't stop her from racing through the house, but the vet says that it will weaken quickly and she will have a hard time escaping from a dog or a car. She loves being scratched, and eating canned cat food though she eats dry with the others. She is about 3 pounds and will always be petite and tiny. MuMu gets along with all 5 of the other cats, but is scared of dogs.
BabyCakes is also a Calico, but looks more like patchwork quilt. She a big cat, with the heart of a kitten. She is a little over a year old, (I found her at 4 weeks old.) is fixed, will be current on shots, litterbox and cat post trained. She has never been outside since I found her.
She is the biggest love. Her nickname is Touch-&-Purr. She is a cuddley kissee face, and will follow me around the house until I sit down and love on her. She has become the dominant female, but tolerates the other cats. She doesn't care for dogs and will stalk
ours (shepherd husky mix) until Sunni begs to be let back outside.
If you can help me with either of the girls, please email me asap. I will be happy to answer all your questions.
The picture below is of my daughter's siamese, Alfred, with Cakes and Mu. It's not the best, but I can send others if you want them.
Please help!!! I don't know how much longer I can hold on to them.
Sincerely,
Shar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitties.jpg (14.4 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Newborn Pup

Which city are you in? go to freecycle.org and see if your town is on there...or a town nearby.....then join that town's site and see if they allow posting of free pets.
-------------------------------
http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html is another place to post.........USE a junk email address for that site....there may be spammers replying to your post....but genuine people also read those posts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
SwC

In case you are unable to find homes is there a "no kill shelter" in your area? We have one called ARNI here and they may be in other states. Also check with the local petsmart if you have one close as sometimes they have people working with them to help find homes. Our local petsmart has a lady there that finds homes for unwanted kittens and cats. Also put up a card with the information in thier front area (most have a place for posting adoptions). That's how I found homes for an adult rabbit I was fostering and didnt want it in a home with children. Took awhile but the home that took her in treated her like a queen! Post cards or flyers at the local vets offices also.

Tags
cat food, husky mix, litter box