male tux cat - TX - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Talking male tux cat - TX

well, i'm sure many of you have heard about the male, tuxedo cat that i've been feeding. i've dubbed him Cookie. he's a very sweet cat, but has probably never lived inside. i will be getting him his shots and getting him neutered and will be keeping him in either the guest room or the bathroom for the recovery time. i would really like for him to get a permanent home soon after.

he seems to be on the younger side (ie: 2- 3 yrs old), is a tuxedo, male, and is very sweet. he is a little scared of people, but if you sit down he will come up to you and let you pet him. once you do, though, he always wants attention! i am able to pick him up, although it isn't his favorite thing. he has NEVER shown aggression, never hissed or growled. i do not believe he is food aggressive. i would like for him to be placed in a home without dogs, but exceptions could be made for the right owner.

please keep in mind that he has always been outside. i would like for him to be an indoor/outdoor cat. i'm not sure if he would be happy staying inside 24/7. but if you live in the country or on lots of land, that could be perfect.

i will have more info after a vet visit. please pm if you are interested. i live in denton, texas (1 hr. north of dallas). arrangments can be made for transport (by car only).

let me know guys! here's some pics:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

here are some updated photos. the little guy does not hold still for anything! he is very affecionate. he let me pet and stroke him while he was eating. every time i go to go back in the house, he always wants to follow me inside. i know he wants to go in!

if you live in texas or any surrounding states, please open your heart and home for this sweet guy!

Pics:

please keep him in mind guys! thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Permission to cross post? I have some friends within driving distance of your area who might be interested.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

He's so sweet Jane. Ooh, Mandie I hope your friends give him a home!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Okay, I have some friends I met online through a friend I actually know (as strange as that sounds) and one of them has been thinking of getting a cat when he moves into his new place. It may not be for a month or so, but he is interested! Also, they are spreading the word and are able to help locate a home for this little guy! They are all in the Dallas/Ft Worth area too! Keep me posted and I'll keep them posted!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

oh wow thank you mandie!!! that would be great. please let them know ALL the facts though. this guy hasn't been inside yet. but i think he'd do ok. he's very sweet. i hangs out by my house a lot now. of course.

where will they be living (house, apt, land)? let me know!

(cross post - i wanted to post about it in chit-chat also. but i just posted a thread to tell people of this thread.)

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I'm guessing apartment because that's what the guy is waiting to move into. Of course I gave them all the details! They are still interested, just gotta wait to get moved in first

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

well, i have some updated photos. as soon as you hear something let me know, mandie. i want to try and get him neutered close to the time he will go to a new home. i don't want to get him neutered and have him here in the house to recover just to let him back out again. let me know, girl!

if anyone else knows of anyone who could be a kitty parent, please let me know!

he's very sweet. he is vocal and likes lots of attention. he even let me play with his mouth and look at his teeth without getting mad. his teeth were very nice for being homeless - still white, etc. that makes me think even more that he is on the younger side.

i have to "sneak" up on him to get pics cause if he sees me looking at him, he wants to be petted. here are some pics:

hangin out on my steps:

look how adorable he is!! :

all stretched out:

stratching his back in the grass and being silly:

please remember him!!

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

small update for mandie or anyone else interested:

he let me clean out his ears with a wet cotton ball (wet with water) and was never mean. he did shake his head out a few times, but he was cool with it.

just a little update for yah.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

He's so cute Jane. I hope you find him a home soon! He does look like a young kitty. He's adorable. I wish I lived closer because I could probanly convince Mike that we need another kitty lol.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks steph.

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 09:38 PM

How far is Denton from Port Neches/Nederland? I know someone in that area that would give him a home if its not to far away.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

sassy - i looked at a map and i am guessing that it is about 4 -4.5 hrs away. keep in mind that i am horrible at reading maps, so this is my loose estimate. i am trying to find out online how far it really is.

i would need to know some info about the people, so if you are still interested please PM me.

i will neuter him, but keep in mind (this is to anyone interested!) that it would be a lot easier on him to be neutered and to recover in his new permanent home. if i do it, i will have to keep him in my bathroom for the 2+ weeks recovery and i have barking dogs, etc.

if you are willing to adopt AND neuter, that would be a great big plus! i WILL get his shots for him before adopting him out. (neutering is required no matter what).

thanks everyone!!

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

any updates sassy? mandie?

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

ok here's the gooooood update:

i went to PetCo today to buy fish, and the low cost vaccanations people were going to be there in 15 min. yah! so i went home and grabbed the cat (i have since named him Charlie) and brought him in. he was wonderful!! he cried in the carrier in the car and a little in PetCo, but that was it. was NEVER mean. if my mom petted him through the carrier door he just sat and purred. when the vet tech took him out he was completely cooperative! they had to try 3 times to get blood and he was great even though on his back.

he tested Negative for feline aids and lukemia!! he recieved his first round of: Bordatella, Feline Lukemia, and Rabies. he will need boosters in 4 weeks.

he was so great at PetCo and was still sweet after!! he seemed to be ok in the car. he was in there for about 10 min either way.

that's the update!

Tags
adoption fee, box trained, humane society, litter box, litter box trained, outdoor cat, vet tech, vet visit