Needs new home!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Unhappy Needs new home!!

I was wondering if there was anyone is the Ma area(somehwere close to Danvers or Dartmouth) that would like a rat as a new addition to their family. I have a rat named zoe who is about a year old and i unfortunatley have to get rid of her. Since i have been attending school at Umass Dartmouth i have been unable to taker her out and play with her as much due to the fact i am not even supposed to have her at school, and sadly my mom will not let me leave her at home while i am away. I figured that it was unfair to zoe that she had to be in a small cage while at school with me where i was unable to take her out and tend to her needs as much as i was at home, so i figured the best thing for her would be to find her a new and loving home where she can be better tended to. Unfortuantley since i have been home on break i have had an extremly difficult time finding her a new home. So as a last resort i am asking anyone who would be willing to take her(cage and everythign included) and give her a good home to please, please let me know. Thanks so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I will be praying that you find a good and loving home for her. I would be glad to take her if I lived any where near there. But I live in Washington, so I don't think that I could.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli
I will be praying that you find a good and loving home for her. I would be glad to take her if I lived any where near there. But I live in Washington, so I don't think that I could.
Me too. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the country. Best of luck to you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts guys, and thanks for the luck....i think im gonna need it. I think i might just end up giving her to the pet store where my aunt works A lot of the employees there end up taking a lot of the animals that are outback home so she has a good chance to be given a good home there. but there is also a chance she might get sol to someone who will just feed her to something,which would stink. But i am running out of options. But my best friend emily(and my roomie at school!) and i were at the pet store yesterday and are thinkign about getting a long haired mouse!!! He is sooo super cute and he is tan, we already have all the stuff for him and he would be much easier to have at school since hes much smaller than my rat, plus it would make getting rid of zoe a little more bearable. Also the mouse would be exciting because emily woudl hold it and play with it also where when i had zoe she would never hold it or anything, so it woudl eb easieer to offer it attention between the two of us. But my first goal is to find Zoe a good home.....hopefully i can. Thanks so much for ur responses again!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wow, I was totally blindsided by that one!! Did you get my PM? I gave you an awfully good suggestion, I don't understand why you would feel giving her to a pet shop is better than giving her to a rescue??? Then again I was under the assumption that you cared about this animal, and now you are gonna get another animal which I am guessing is also not allowed and probablly offer up that mouse as snake food sometime in the future!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:23 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Have you tried Petfinder? There is a classifieds area there where you could also post and more people from your state will see it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well first off i did not get your pm untill this morning after i had already posted my last message yesterday. The information you gave me was very helpful and i plan on looking into the rescue. Also the pet store thing is an ultimate last resort, but i have worked there and it ismy ants store so i trust that she will be found a new home, my aunt and friends there would not let her get sold to someone who is just goign to feed her to somethign when they know how upset i am about getting rid of her. And in regards to the mouse thing....I am not the one getting it, my friend and roomate Emily is. It is totally her decision to buy this animal, but i do support her in whatever desicion she makes. I think this mouse would make a lovely pet for emily while we are either at school or home because it is only a small animal. And if by chance she does get caught with it at school all shell have to do is bring it home and her mom will take care of it untill she comes home for the weekend or whatever. I would not just go out and buy something so later on i could offer it up as snake food...that is an awful thign to think, i would never! I was just excited about the fact Emily is gettignn somethign and that way id be able to help her take care of it which would help me cope with the loss of zoe a little better. But i def plan on looking into the rescue info you gave me, Thanks a lot for that.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

So i checked out that rescue place u told me about sugarloverats, and it seems like an amazing place. I sent them an email with all the information the needed when considering a surrender, i got an email back from the sayign that they will read my email soon and get back to me as soon as they can, as they are all out of the office and busy at the moment. So hopefully i will hear back soon with some good news. Thanks sugarloverats, i appreciate the info!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well I am sorry if i offended you, but you've got to understand I am 100% against taking her to a pet shop no matter who works there. I am sure your aunt would do all she could to ensure she gets a good home, but you just never know. Not to mention people LIE! Someone could sound like the nicest person on earth, and turn out to be recruting animals for research or food. Trusy me it happens ALL the time. As soon as I talk to Kim, I will tell her about your siyuation and that I have talked to you, i am sure she will be able to help. Thank You very much for contacting her and doing what is best for your rattie. I wish Emily the best with her mouse.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation

Oh no i def undertsnad about the whole pet store thing and 100% agree with you...but it was honestly just a last last resort. I actually today found someone that is willing to take Zoe and give her a good home!!!!! I am sooo excited. She is a friend of one of the girls i work with when i am home and she said her and her boyfriend are willing to take it!!! I told the girl that i would email her pics and stuff and give her all the details, im glad i finally foudn someone. And thank you sooo much everyone for your concern and help, thank you soo much!!!! i just hope this new hoem works out for zoe. Ill write back and give you all details.!!!! Yahhh i am sooo happy!!!!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

yeahhh!! That's awesome! I'm so glad for you and the rattie! I hope everting goes well. Just wanted to add the people who are taking her should get her a friend, rats hate to be alone, she would be happier. Again that's great you found hera home!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Talking

Thanks soo much!!!

Tags
pet shop, pet store, snake food