PLEASE HELP!! Homes Needed By the End of May or They WILL Be Euthanized!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

PLEASE HELP!! Homes Needed By the End of May or They WILL Be Euthanized!!

I have two cats that need homes by the end of May or my parents WILL be euthanizing them! They're between 6-8 years old, one male, one female, both altered and UTD on shots. The male is all four declawed, the female is front declawed... I didn't do it, so don't blame me. I'm just south of Louisville, KY and I'm willing to travel up to 4 hours one way to get them to somewhere safe. $50 adoption fee each, free with good vet recommendation. I just want to make sure they go to good homes and that they don't have to be euthanized. They're very sweet and loving.

Mopsy (the female)

Smokey (the male, shaved..His hair is 1.5 inches long when grown out)

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I wish I could honestly. Don't worry someone will take them. Keep us posted on if they get adopted!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I've had them listed since the beginning of Feb and they still haven't found homes. There's just too many needing homes right now because of the economy.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I suppose you have already looked into rescue organizations in your area but I did find this link
http://www.kentuckyliving.com/showca...malrescue.html
Maybe if you let them know that they will be put to sleep one of them maybe willing to take them? I had to find a home for a kitty that was not mine nor did I have any other affliation with her other than I worked for the guy that refused to allow her in the house. Once I let the rescues know she was slated for euthanasia they were more willing to find her a spot.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Just wanted to add - I suggest that you email everyone on the list within that 4 hour area - or even further. You never know who knows someone that maybe able to help. Often I see kitties posted on bunny rescue sites because they are friends with the people that are in the kitty rescue. The rescues should be willing to at least post your cats on their sites. This will give your kitties a lot more exposure and maybe your parents will be willing to give them a little more time if they know that the cats are now one various websites.
Good luck.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Back in Feb I contacted everyone. I have recently recontacted them, with no response. The first time I told them they would be euthanized because I thought I wouldn't have a place for them to go when we lost our house and no one could take them still because too many people are in the same situation. Then my parents took them and I thought all was well, but my nephew came over to their house the other day and had a severe asthma attack and my mom thinks it's the cats and is only giving me til the end of the month to find them homes. They're already listed on Petfinder. I don't know what else to do!

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Call the rescues, don't just email.

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I've called and emailed. One rescue said she'd take them in three days and then she never returned my calls after that. That was Feb 15th when she told me that.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Do you have any "No Kill" shelters in your area? We have one here and when they get overwhelmed with animals, they foster the animals out until they're adopted. I live within 4 hrs, but my husband absolutely WILL NOT allow another pet. Honestly, I don't even think I could take another, financially. I HATE to hear your situation and hope and pray you find homes for them.

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

They haven't found a place to go yet. Everything that gave me hope so far has fallen through.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Newborn Pup

any updates?? did you find a home for them??

MY BABIES:

Bob
Lexi
Sophie

Misty
Midnight

Saffy
Sweet Pea
Zippy
Mandy

Pepper + 6
babies

R.I.P. Dezzie, Peaches, Puff, Pumpkin, Aurora and Ed
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

This was back from two years ago. They found a rescue and have already been adopted.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Adolescent Pup

thank God

love ya all on Paw talk

Proud Mommy To

Dog Jewels Chihuahua JackRussel Mix 1 Year Old <3

Kitten Precious Jade
<3 Almost Three Weeks Old

Was A Mommy To
Cat Freckles Rip

Kitten Lucky Ran Away

Cat CQ Rip

Cat Carmel Rip Road Kill

Cat Doger Rip

Dog Bell Got Old Died

Puppy Daughter Of Bell Stormy Died Got Into Poisen

Puppy Sky Daughter Of Bell Died Got Sufficated Under Wood

Hamster Sunny Died To hot Outside Killed it

Hamster Chloe Died Horriable Nightstand Incident