Pup rescued from drainage pipe. HELP!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Pup rescued from drainage pipe. HELP!!!

I recently took a battle with our town mayor to Fox17 news. I found a litter of pups at the river that had been surviving by consuming the carcass of their dead mother. 2 years later, we now have a county wide shelter!!! Unfortunately, people are still dumping their puppies on the side of the road. It took me most of a week to catch 2 puppies out of 7. The rest died. I have one left that needs a home. I am totally out of room. My oldest daughter has lost her bedroom to a pup and a kitten. Please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

What kind of help do you need?

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

I have totally ran out of room. Just two days ago, my husband witnessed a man throw 2 young pups out of a truck and take off. They chased the truck down the road for a while and he chased them down to keep them from getting ran over. We rescue pit bulls because they are exploited so badly, it is hard to find them good homes without worrying about them. We are overrun by our dogs and just have no room left. My black lab is elderly and now lives in our laundry room. I have about 15 rescued dogs outside and 4 pits inside. We have a routine that keeps it all working good but we are totally out of space. The shelter is full and they are not accepting any more right now. I went through alot to rescue this little fellow and I just cant stand the thought of him going to a "kill" shelter. He looks like a rottie mix. The mother looked like an australian shephard mix. She would not come to us and kept barking while we chased her pups. Also, have another female lab mix with an injured front leg. It was like that when we found her. I believe it was broken when the "person" threw her out on the side of the road. I am worn out and need to get my house back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Will It Ever Change?

sounds liek you need to go back to the news and get an advertisment to get donations to make the shelter bigger? raise more awareness, go to newspapers, police, make everyone aware of the situation. promote spaying and neutering, something's gotta get done for sure

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:52 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I don't know, I would help, I would like to so much. Maybe I can, but I have alot of pets. I might, might, might, maybe be able to take one, just one dog. We have a space in the backyard probably 15x15 yards with a doghouse, like a "dog run". I might take one, but I would have to talk it over with my parents, since being 17 I still have some restrictions
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:55 PM

I would love to help, but I don't know. We have had a Canadein Golden Retriever before, and I am full of pets now. I would love to help, I might, just might be able to help. I can only help with one dog though, I have a dog-run 15x15 yards w/ a house. Hopefully I can have it, contact me through pri.mess. about it. Where are you located? I am in NY
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 01:43 PM

^^Get the police to make a 50$ or up fine for every pup or dog released. Really consider my post above, I am really thinking about it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Checked with parents, not allowed as of now, so sorry, I wish I could....mind the posts above, I can't edit because I can't see them after I post >_>
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

i would but we do not have enough space right now. when we finally move (soon hopefully , then i'll see what I can do. because maxine will need a friend to be with everyday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet Parent to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Golden/Labrador Retriever: Maxine

My Two Favorite Dwarf Hamsters:

Love you buddy, I'll see you later: Ozzy

Gone, but never forgotten: Drix

I liked this smiley so I just had to add it.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Newborn Pup

Where do you live maybe I can take one..
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Newborn Pup

thats sad how could people do that to animals mine are like my kids to me people that are cruel and nasty they should be caught and punished
thats my throughts

Tags
black lab, golden retriever, lab mix, pit bull, pit bulls