Rats in MD need a home! can travel - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Rats in MD need a home! can travel

Alright, I still have 8 rats here who desperately need a home.. they were born in November 2004 and although they're welcome to stay with me as long as they'd like, I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather they find a home where they can recieve more attention than I can provide at this time.

Boys: four black (some silvered) berkshires and irish, some rex
Girls: two black, one berkshire and one irish (both rex), and two buff with pink eyes.

background story: a young boy dropped off a mess of rats in a pet store.. all pregnant. Of course the pet store's policy is they cannot sell what isn't theirs so they were giving them away free... and let's just say this place sells feeders. I decided to take the mother and babies with the least chance of being adopted for "wholehearted" reasons, because the mother bites like there is NO tomorrow!! she literally bit THROUGH a leather glove and into my finger, causing blood to spurt everywhere in JUST ONE BITE!! However, this temperament has NOT been passed onto her babies, and they're the cuddliest and sweetest I've ever had. I believe the trait was learned or she was abused... because she is not normal.. she's staying permanently with me in one of my RUUDs with some rattie friends (she gets along fine with other rats, she's not even the alpha female.. but she'll bite anything that goes near her that's NOT a rat.. including my cat. and these are bites without mercy).

some pics:

and a pic of the mom when she was nursing them:

These rats are NOT to be feeders OR breeders!!! They are strictly rescues.. I can travel anywhere in Maryland, and can travel to Virginia, pennsylvania, NY, NJ, Massachussettes, etc..

I request that they be adopted as same sex pairs UNLESS you can prove to me that you have other rats. Also I'll be asking you to answer a few questions if you're interested in them, thank you!

please PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

2 rats, 2 mini rex bunnies, 2 cats, 1 prairie dog, 4 species breeding millipedes, 23 various different species tarantulas, 2 Heteropoda davidbowie huntsman spiders, 3 Liocheles australasiae scorps, 20+ Hogna helluo wolf spiderlings, etc.

spiders are addictive... and super easy to care for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 07:08 AM
I Heart My Job

They are adorable and I hope that you can find good homes for them soon.

sparkle->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shadow->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!

Tags
pet store