sweet pit, needs immediate c-section (resolved) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

sweet pit, needs immediate c-section (resolved)

If ANYONE is able to help this girl or even donate to her care, she really, really needs it.

She's a red nosed pit, just over a year old and sweet as pie. She's underweight and poorly cared for. She is pregnant and in a dystocia crisis with two pups in the birth canal. She needs an immediate c-section to save her life. Her owner could not afford it and abandoned her (didn't even pay what she agreed upon to cover x-rays and cursed me out over the phone) and unless we can come up with something, she'll be euthanized tonight. We can probably help cover the cost of the c-section with some of our good samaritan fund but it's sorely in need of help with it being christmas.

If you can donate or re-home her, please PM me immediately.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Nevermind. The owner finally swallowed her pride and asked her parents for the money and she's getting the c-section. Cross your fingers she makes it, her last puppy was at 7AM.

Stephanie

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

glad she's getting the section. hope she makes it

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Me too. I had some sympathy for the woman when she first got here and while she waited to be seen because it wasn't a planned breeding, (an hour or so due to us being backed up 7 patients waiting for the doc deep and a full ICU) but after she was here from 4pm and walked out at 9:15 without even signing a euthanasia form or giving the money she promised, THEN called back and cursed me up one side and down the other, I have no sympathy. I will never understand people ... never. This dog deserves so much better. She's underweight, her coat looks like crap and she shies away if you raise your hand like she's been hit, but still wags that tail and gives kisses at the slightest touch.

Stephanie

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Adolescent Pup

Angry

Grrrrr Peaple like that totally tick me off. Jade if there is anything we can do from over here to help her out let me know. And keep us posted on how she's doing. And Jade thanks for all you do, I probably would've been arrested by now if I had to deal with the woman that dropped her off.

^^^Click Here^^^

Please Adopt Bianca!

for more information.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 06:08 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I'm so sorry I couldn't take her and pay for the C-section. Thank God the owner was able to get her parents to help pay for it. It really ticks me off though...a dog that young will likely have health problems in the future because of breeding too early. Poor baby! Let us know how the surgery went.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I sure hope this precious girl makes it through the surgery. Sounds like she has had a very rough life. Is she going back with her owner after this?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 05:12 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Darren told me about this last night, and I'm glad I was able to get online to read for myself this person has NO heart!!! but I am glad to hear she swallowed her pride and asked her parents for the money, like Darren said if there is anything we can help with from over here (financially, etc) please don't hesitate to ask!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Adolescent Pup

Just wondering does that poor animal have to go home with this girl now that she has payed? If you havn't already please call Animal control, or the humane society and have that dog seized ASAP!! Lucky for her there are people like you!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I hope she does not go back to the owner. Obviously she can not 'afford' to care properly for the mother, how will she ever care for the pups?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Administrator

This gal survived the surgery and 2 of the 4 pups were viable. We don't really have grounds to go to Animal Control, as she was 'seeking veterinary care' and it's a really sticky situation to do that. We had no choice but to send her home. She did get a lot of instruction on how to care for her while nursing, and beyond, however. It was mentioned that she was underweight in the report too. Beyond that, our hands are rather tied by that lovely red tape ...

PS
This is Jade, just logged into the PT acct. doing some things behind the scenes.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, those poor 2 pups. I sure hopes she takes what you said to heart.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
animal control, humane society, veterinary care