Urgent Macaw in need of home - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Has Delusions of Safety

Urgent Macaw in need of home

I have been contacted about a 4 year old Blue and gold Macaw. He has seperation anxiety. When the couple who has him leaves the room he will start whimpering, and the gentleman is a truck driver and the poor bird goes nuts when he leaves. They dont think its fair to the poor little guy. They are neibors of my sister so they called and asked if we could take it in. I am hoping to find someone closer to them that could take it. They are in Dallas Tx and I am in Joplin MO. I dont want to put the poor bird threw a 6 hr car trip up here, and then we have a 2 yr old and him suddenly being thrust into a place with a child. So if anyone in the area has room for him, let me know. He comes with cage, and all accesories. This is all the info I currently have on the bird but will be getting more as soon as my sister talks to them. I am conserned about this bird because they are just going to give him away, I am afraid some one who has no exsperiance with large birds would take him and not know how to handle him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

If I were closer i'd take him in, but I'm not.... so

I will ask around to the people that I know that live in that area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Part of the Pack

Smile

I sent you a PM and an e-mail.

DEBBIE

Tags
gold macaw