Very High Kill Shelter In Memphis Tenn. Dogs And Cats(pups And Kittens) Need Homes!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in Need Post any animals in need of rescue here. Note: This section is only for animals that are up for adoption, not for sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Genderless Quacker

Very High Kill Shelter In Memphis Tenn. Dogs And Cats(pups And Kittens) Need Homes!!!

i was on petfinder and saw this add. i know there are many shelters that do this, but i wanted to poste and try to find pple that can adopt these! the dogs and cats have dates they are being PTS, and when they say they are being killed, THEY ARE, NO EXCEPTION! also, dont feel like u just have to go for the older dogs cause they wont find homes, puppies are being killed too! it has the info on where it is located and adoption hrs, so on.

here is the link.
http://www.raot.org/memphisanimalshelter/

they have a page dedicated to the dogs put to sleep already. looking at it makes u want to just save them all!

PLEASE HELP IF U CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love God, my family & friends, and my PETS!

MY PETS...
(horses) Dixi & Kitten,
(dogs) Frisco, Buffy, & Dingo,
(cats) Swortz & Arwen,
(quaker parrot) George,
& my beloved chinchilla, Houdinni!

What does God say about hurting animals?
Proverbs 12:10- A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

If 70% of owners spayed/neutered their pets, there wouldn't be an over populated world!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

That is just too sad. I know there is an over population of animals but for crying out loud.

This just makes me all the more grateful for the wonderful people that are in the world like Kim and her hubby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Genderless Quacker

i agree, i am actually crying right now. i guess i shouldnt look through the pics of the already dead pups, and of what could have been, but is not lost. tomorrow im going to talk my parents into letting me foster or SOMETHIN!!!! i cant stand it any longer!

MY PETS...
(horses) Dixi & Kitten,
(cats) Swortz & Arwen,
(quaker parrot) George,

Proverbs 12:10- A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

If 70% of owners spayed/neutered their pets, there wouldn't be an over populated world!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Genderless Quacker

a 2 month old puppy was put to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY PETS...
(horses) Dixi & Kitten,
(cats) Swortz & Arwen,
(quaker parrot) George,

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Genderless Quacker

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51611616nfXCyc

i think my dad would have driven 8hrs away for that lil guy! its terrible! i knew shelters put to sleep, but not this rapidly!

MY PETS...
(horses) Dixi & Kitten,
(cats) Swortz & Arwen,
(quaker parrot) George,

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 05:24 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee Chrisanne your the best!!!!!
This is truly a sad situation and unfortunately with us being over here we have no way of helping those that need our help back in the states. I wish all the animals in that shelter the best of luck, and my prayers and thoughts are with those that sadly aren't among the lucky ones.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Genderless Quacker

ok, i made an email, and sent it to all my contacts on my msn list. can u guys help pass it around? i hope it may educate pple about spayin and neutering or at least make them think twice about buying a dog/cat when they can adopt.

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE U KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ask ur parents if u can adopt one of these fellows. it may be in memphis, but its worth it. show them one of these pics of a puppy that was killed, of a dog on its final days! if u can't get one from here go to a shelter close by. if u think im crazy for sending this looks at the site, and tell me if it doesnt stab at ur heart! its not a joke either! these dogs are being PTS(PUT TO SLEEP) ON THE DATE GIVEN, NO EXCEPTION, NO EXCUSE, THEY ARE DEAD!!!!!!! if u cant adopt, make sure to spay and nueter ur pets pple! if 70% of owners would take the lil bit of time and lil bit of money(west plains has adds posted in papers for spayin/nuetering for 15$, 15$!!!!! come on u spend that much at the movies almost) the world wouldnt be over populated with dogs and cats. but NO pple are to lazy and irresponisble, which caused shelters to get over run and puppies like this are killed within 3 days, 3 DAYS, of arrival!

this pup was killed at 3mnths old! to think that pple pay 100's$ for dogs that are ugly, and leave this lil guy to die!

and this boxer female, the sayin "skin and bones", this is all she is,and ONE big loving heart. she was in a different shelter. this one in arkansas. she was rescued from somewhere, i hope she found a home, but she too was probably PTS.

PLEASE HELP THESE DOGS AND CATS, OR AT LEAST SPAY AND NEUTER! if its inhumane to neuter a male dog(like some guys would say), then is in HUMANE for this??? NO!

these are a few of the pups for adoption, there are also dogs that need help, so don't just settle for the puppies!

these dogs are being killed the date listed below, NO EXCEPTION!

lab mix - due out 7/20 - SWEET!

chow mix?? due out 7/21 - SWEET!

lab or mix pup - due out 7/21
PLEASE SOMEONE GET HER! I HAVE TRYED TALKIN MY PARENTS INTO IT, BUT ITS TOO FAR AWAY!

shepherd or mix pup - due out 7/22 - owner

THAT IS JUST A FEW! THERE ARE MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

go to http://community.webshots.com/user/sylviacox for te memphis tenn shelter(pets listed above are there)

or www.petfinder.com for pets in our area(put the kind, and city, sex, age, and click go)

HAVE A HEART AND ADOPT!!!

MY PETS...
(horses) Dixi & Kitten,
(cats) Swortz & Arwen,
(quaker parrot) George,

Last edited by emy_k; 07-20-2004 at 12:20 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Adolescent Pup

this is so sad breaks my heart if only everyone would spay or neuter
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

The boxer? female just breaks my heart.....I so can't wait to get back to the states to help those that are in deseperate need of our help. I know we are doing our share over here, and we see dog's like those above everyday here, and unfortunately can not always take them in, as they are strays with mange, and other diseases, and we have to look out for our dog's as well. But we have taken in our share of sick one's and those that were just in need of a TLC until they could be adopted out.
UGH!!! I hate seeing pictures like that above

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Playful Pup

i just rescued a 2 year german sheapard if i could rescue more i would but in my county we are at our max for dogs , i too wished more would think about the resonsiblities of owning any kind of animal being dog cat horse or birds , they take a lot of time and love , this new dog is a sweet dog her case was she was being abused they wanted her to protect and beat her she is so shy and she runs and hide but i will get her to come along i have witha bitter bird so i can help her i know

Tags
chow mix, lab mix, older dog