Big D shed skin pics.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Cool Big D shed skin pics..

Well to give you a idea on how large big Delilah really is heres a few skin pics she just shed last night and got pics of the skin, the skin stretches a little bit so its 10ft 2 inches so what we do is take about a good 6 to 10 inches off that for stretching.. heres how big that skin is... JR is 6ft tall and Cassie is 5ft tall...

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Cassie holding down the tape as i messure it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

And its hard to see but its 10ft 2inches and cassie is still holding the other end of the tape...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: Ok now a few of her in the process of shedding... Half way thru the shed..

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:32 PM

Wow that is big! I love big snakes. Its those little quick ones that make me nervous. I used to have a leucistic rat snake, no one made mention that it was not a good snake for a first timer and all the info fell under corn snakes. She liked to bite me all the time and a nice reptile man let me trade her for a rosey boa that he thought would be much better suited for me. I know it sounds awful that I "traded" her but the snake man fell in love with her and I know would give her a good home. It was just a case of lack of good info and bad information from people that just wanted a buck.

Someday I will have my big snake and I will know just who to go to for the right information
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Getting there...

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Down to the tail...

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Ok now done and sprayed down with vita spray and also in the corner coiled up warmin up, this pic was taken from the outside of the cage. Im gona get one from the inside of the cage with just the cam flash no other lights on so you can see her beautiful iredesence on her skin....

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Now with no cage lights and only the flash from the cam... aint she a beauty...... That is a rainbow iredesence to her skin....

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Amazing pictures as usual!! I can't even fathom that skin shedding in one sheath like that!

She really is a big beauty. Is it irritating or uncomfortable for them when they shed? You've probably mentioned this before, but how often do they shed?

I would love to touch her.

Dena, I don't think it sounds awful at all. Sometimes it's just not the right fit. I'm glad it worked out for you, it sounds like everyone ended up happy. :bfly:

[center]

[
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: Hey Deja, when snakes are young they shed about 1 to 2 times a month depending on there growth rate which also coinsides with there fedding.. bigger snakes slow down alot and shed once maybe every other month or few months, delilah is shedding every month right on time due to that she eats very well every 2 weeks. she should be slowing down but shes not.. As for being unconfortable durring shed well sometimes they will lay or stretch out to get comfy or will lay in one spot alot also due to the fact they cant see for a certain amount of time as there eyes cloud up for few days.. Humidty plays a major roll in helping the snake to get its skin off without any probs, like parts sticking and staying on the body.. she never has a prob always perfect shed... Touchin her is like touchin something smooth.. shes not cold or slimey.. If you ever held one her size you would be amazed and then fall in love with it......

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

omg that snake is huge!!! and gorgeous!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

holy cow that is a big snake! she is so neat. but i don't think i could have a snake that big. i would be afraid it would want me as a snack. what does she eat?

I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Quote:
Originally posted by lylwhitetiger
holy cow that is a big snake! she is so neat. but i don't think i could have a snake that big. i would be afraid it would want me as a snack. what does she eat?
lylwhitetiger, shes eatting rabbits, if i was to feed her rats it would be dog rats or colossal rats and i would have to give 3 to 4 at a time, so its better and easier for me to feed 1 rabbit insted.. as for wanting to eat you no snake would do that people missunderstand snakes alot as they would only bite out of fear or agression and also if you have any food or prey smell on yaz... Thats why we always make sure to wash our hands and arms and to not have any food smell on our clothes.. shes sweet as pie... She has never made an attempt to bite me... But when its feeding time shes ready to eat, we place the frozen thawed rabbit in the one end of her cage and she comes down and gets it...

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

That is a big reason why I could never own a smoke, I could never feed the things!! I like animals that eat seed and grain mix!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
corn snake, corn snakes