Photos! Care to meet our herps? Heavy pics - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Care to meet our herps? Heavy pics

Just thought I would share some photos of my (and my fiance’s) snake collection. Hope everyone enjoys the photos! (captions below)

This is Dexter, my 2010 female. I know Dexter is a weird name for a girl but at first we assumed her sex was male until a probing told us differently lol. We got her back in November and she loves to chill on the bed with me and watch netflicks.

An experimental photo I took to see if a white backround would help me capture her coloring better… it kind of worked…

Enjoying a nice soak in the sink closing to being in shed.

Really nice underbelly/ventral area shot I got. Her coloring is so neat!

Feather Stone, our newest addition. He is a boa morph known as a Motley he is also het for albino which (for those who do not know) means if he is paired up with an albino female we will get some ‘normal’ motleys and some albino motleys… in a nut shell anyways lol. Oh and this photo was taken by his breeder not myself.

A shot of his tail, the coloring is way off because we have a red heat lamp in our QT area but you get the general pattern.

This is another photo from his breeder, they are a lot better than my phone photos that’s for sure.

Checking out his new (well new/temp) digs =)

Coming out of his hide away =P he pushed his water over there as well. What is it with my snakes always trying to re-arrange their homes?

Sandy, my Fiancé’s Kenyan Sand Boa. She really is such a mellow easy going snake. The breeder told us her coloring is called Lemon but being that she (and her sister) are our first Kenyans I am not sure if it is really necessary to include when describing them.

Sandy when we first got her back in November! Man has she grown…

A picture trying to capture how yellow Sandy is right after a shed, she normally appears so cloudy since she lives in the sand.

We actually got dusty from the same breeder as Sandy on my fiancé’s birthday in January of 2011.

Tangerine Kenyan Sand Boa female.

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Last edited by uMgaziRatRescue; 03-13-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Fixed photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Had to add another post to get the rest of the photos posted lol.

Wall*e my normal male California King snake. My fiancé actually only really holds the Kenayans and Moe (who you have not met yet) since the ‘larger’ snakes make him nervous but I will admit he’s getting a lot better about petting Dexter and wall*e but he still won’t hold them lol. Have to start somewhere right?

When we got Wall*e we were told was a biter and had drawn blood multiple times. Well *knock on wood* I don’t want to say anything to jinx our success so far lol. He has hissed but I believe I startled him since he did not turn around and hiss at me but more froze in place and hissed. Love him none the less.

Unfortunately we only have one picture of Moe at this time since he escaped on the 24th of January BUT we found him again about 4 days ago wondering around one of the pans near our stove. They always go for the heat! I am so glad we found him. I will get more photos in a day or two since once we found him we de-thawed him some prey and he is busy digesting =) oh and Moe is a normal rosy boa =)

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the photos and meeting all of our snakes =D

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Last edited by uMgaziRatRescue; 03-13-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Betta Bomb

Wow, cool! The sand boas are the coolest patterns ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Beautiful snakes! I love Kenyan sand boas, they're so pretty. Even if you never see them . Unless it's feeding day, anyways.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 AM
laugh often

Wow you have really pretty snakes. I have never seen a sand boa unti now. My husband and I are happy we got to see them thanks for sharing.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

What an awesome family!!! What are all the blue ribbons for?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
is a little "special"

Wow, they are allo beautiful/adorable! I'm so jealous of the sand boas, I've been wanting one for a while!

Feather Stone is a red tail, right? He looks really neat.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Wow, cool! The sand boas are the coolest patterns ^^
=D thank you, I REALLY want to get a snow sand boa (type of morph) they look SSSOOO NEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
Beautiful snakes! I love Kenyan sand boas, they're so pretty. Even if you never see them . Unless it's feeding day, anyways.
LOL right! it's like they know when feeding day is because as soon as I open up their cage their heads poke out of the sand "FOOD??" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
Wow you have really pretty snakes. I have never seen a sand boa unti now. My husband and I are happy we got to see them thanks for sharing.
=D I am glad you enjoyed the photos. I can see who I need to have more frequent photo shoots of for the forum =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinypixiexoxo View Post
What an awesome family!!! What are all the blue ribbons for?
I actually had to go back and look, I mean I knew what they were for but I thought I had done an effective job of "hiding" them so to speak lol. They were won by my show horse Dartanion =P well... semi-retired show horse since this will probably be my last year showing him unless he does lead-line with some kids or something =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Wow, they are allo beautiful/adorable! I'm so jealous of the sand boas, I've been wanting one for a while!

Feather Stone is a red tail, right? He looks really neat.
Yep, well at RTB morph pretty much the same thing IMO =P I can't lie I am a little surprised how popular the sand boas are since when my fiance said he wanted one I was kind of thinking... why?? but I had to admit they are the most MELLOW SWEET snakes ever! not to say Dexter, Moe etc the rest of them are not but you can really push their buttons if that make sence. One of our sand girls got a shed stuck on the top of her head and appose to getting hissy and nervous/skittish with us, she just hungout and let up help her remove it =)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 05:17 PM
is a little "special"

LOL, I adore the cute chubbyness of sand boas... They look like fat little worms. Do they like being handled? I read that you aren't supposed to handle them very much, but your 2 seem so friendly!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I remember reading something like that. After they eat we leave them alone for about 2days (sometimes we will handle them on the second day) and they don't seem to mind being out. They like to weave between our fingers and then they will just kind of hang out there =). It can vary from snake to snake but we handle them for about 15-30minutes a day ~5 days a week although sometimes it's as little as 1 - 2 times a week during finals etc or if we go away for a couple of days.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:02 AM
RAT ADDICT

Very nice snakes!

Sand boas always make me smile because they are so chubby & cute. I never seen one in person though.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
is a little "special"

I saw some adults for sale at a reptile show... I kinda fell in love!
And the wittle babies were adorable too!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Beautiful snakes!! Thank you for sharing.

I really miss owning snakes...Someday for sure I'm going to have to get some again.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
Beautiful snakes!! Thank you for sharing.

I really miss owning snakes...Someday for sure I'm going to have to get some again.
NP!! I love the Gecko in your disply photo! I'm assuming Leopard Gecko?? I can't lie I am not very savvy with my geckos/lizards but i am working on it =D

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance