corn snake genetics - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

corn snake genetics

My BIL's snake is going to lay any day now. Ruby is an albino okatee, Papa is a creamsicle albino. I know very little about snakes, and I can't figure out genetics at all. I was just curious about what the babies would look like. If somebody could maybe point me towards some websites or something that might be sort of easy to understand...

4 cats: Radar, Oscar, Mackintosh, Qwilleran
1 dog: Daphne
3 rabbits: Barbarella Bunny. DC's Lucy, Ricky
1 daddy-long leg spider: Spidey
8 assorted tarantulas
1 madagascar hissing cockroach: Lady
3 chickens
1 ball python: Eve
1 corn snake: Charisma
1 California kingsnake: Honey
1 tortoise: Charlie
2 Mali Uromastyx: Nick and Nora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Adolescent Pup

There is a great cornsnake website that you can go to.. it is another forum but they have genetics and all different stuff. It's http://www.cornsnakes.com

and there is another site you can try just to read info... Genetics

Here is a site that you can put the genes in for mom and dad snake and see the odds of what they will come out as... Kornnatter / Cornsnakes Lexikon - Farbvarianten der Kornnattern / Cornsnake Picturegallery - Calculator

For that last one you need to know that an albino okatee is actually called an amelanistic. And the creamsicle albino is also an amelanistic... but it is a hybird corn and emoyri. So my guess is that you will get mainly amelanistic. But they would be creamsicle since they are hybrids and not true cornsnakes. I hope you can follow this lol.

~Jenn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Well said Murphy.
I'm really new to genetics myself,so I wouldn't have been able to be of any help.
The links Murphy posted are great.
I wish I could sticky things in this forum
I'd love to have a snake genetics thread pinned up somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

thanks for the links! Ruby laid her eggs last night, it was so cool to watch! Now they are in the incubator. I'll take a look at those links and try to get an idea of how these things work, lol. I like learning about this type of thing. Thanks so much!

8 assorted tarantulas
3 chickens
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

Yeah my momma snake, well one of the 2 just had her pre egg laying shed this morning so within the next few days she will lay her eggs. We have 2 momma snakes this year. We were gonna give this one the year off but she already laid a clutch of slugs so we figured if her body doesn't want to give her the year off we would mate her.

~Jenn

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

they have another female, Mama, who bred the past two years, so they gave her the year off. last year, only two of her babies survived. They have another male, Rold Gold, but they won't breed him because he's not albino, and I guess they only want albino babies. Oh, I forgot Archie, he's ghost or something... pretty much all white, or whatever. They want to find a different female to breed with him later.

8 assorted tarantulas
3 chickens