Dry scales on Ball python - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Dry scales on Ball python

Recently I have noticed some dry scales on the bottom of my ball python. I do not believe that it is left over shed because I have her last shed and it is complete. They don't seem to be lose or flakey. Can anyone tell me what may be causing this if need be I can supply pics. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 10:10 PM

Pics would probably be a good idea anyway just because we like them whether they are for bragging or for information.

It could be just a need for extra misting, could be a reaction to the bedding but I would wait for a better expert than me.

Oh Rav where are you?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 12:58 PM

Question

Hi! I am new to this site but thought I would reply to you and see if I can help with your python!
Are the dry scales discolored? Would it be possible that he has slightly burnt himself on his light or heat mat? Or caught himself on something in the cage?
You can put Neosporin on most snakes wounds and they also have a brilliant ability to heal but keep an eye on the scales and see if they start to get swollen or infected looking.
Not sure if this helps any, but if you could describe the scales in more detail or email me a pic, I would be able to give you more advice.
Keep me informed!!

Tags
ball python