Photos! Got my Boas! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Got my Boas!

I've been researching and planning extensively for almost an entire year now. I had been informed about the reptile shows by a few other people, and decided to go with 200.00 to the Taylor, Mi show - though not really expecting to get anything. I had SO MUCH FUN. Right in the door I found what I wanted, too. Het albino BCI's, 80.00 apiece. I was amazed at the price. I picked out a light male and a darker female. They're just little guys, born 2/15, and the last feed listed on the lid of their take home tubs was 3/9, so I offered them a meal today. They both took f/t hopper mice. It doesn't leave a bulge on them at all so I think I'm going to offer larger next time. I'm really excited about them, they're beauties.

I also got a medium Iguana - picked the best one of the bunch, though that's still not saying much for him. They were all poorly, stressed, skinny/dehydrated. I've got experience with them, a good exotics vet, and realize the sizes they attain, don't worry...

Anywho, PICTURES! :

Male

Female

The new Igg - Named Fantus.

*GRAPHIC PIC BELOW*

NOM!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan

Last edited by CapriceCritters; 04-12-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Wow, beautiful. I love red-tail boas but I don't know where I'd house an adult .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I am allergic to maths

Wow, pretty boas, I like the igg too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
Wow, beautiful. I love red-tail boas but I don't know where I'd house an adult .
Yeah that can be a trouble - and sadly something not most consider when buying them. I however, posses a father who is really, really good at building me things for my animals. LOL We have plans made up for their adult size cages, but we're not going to build them till we need to.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Hello Earthling

Their gorgeous !!! I just might have to...... steal them

I'm planning on going to a reptile show here next Sunday and bugging my mom to let me get another snakey if not I will just enjoys the show

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapriceCritters View Post
Yeah that can be a trouble - and sadly something not most consider when buying them. I however, posses a father who is really, really good at building me things for my animals. LOL We have plans made up for their adult size cages, but we're not going to build them till we need to.
Some day I'll get one . For now I'll just stick to ball pythons, though, haha.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
Some day I'll get one . For now I'll just stick to ball pythons, though, haha.
I told my boyfriends grandma that I got these and she offered me the ball that she took in after one of her grandchildren stopped taking care of it - she wants me to take it, lol... so I might have a ball python soon, too. And, to top it off, they want to give the the setup for the snake AND a 100+ gallon tank. I think I'm gonna say yes, lol.

Caprice Acres

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 AM

aww they are gorgeous! I´m soo jealous I wish I could house some red-tail boas but for now, I can´t so I´ll have to wait..
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM
RAT ADDICT

Gorgeous snakes!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I just sexed them myself via popping method - looks like I actually have two MALES. They were born in Feb, which would explain the difficulty in the popping method that the breeder used... and the reason for the mismark. Oh well, just an excuse to go to the NEXT reptile show!

Caprice Acres

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:18 PM

They are all so cute! I'm hoping to breed my albino het stripe x hypo het albino this upcoming breeding season. Its been a while since Ive had any babies.

Congrats on your new additions, I just LOVE RTBs they are so wonderful, except my alb fem is kind of a jerk but I still love her lol. Even when they are 10ft long, they can still be as sweet as they are at 18"!

Good luck, would love to see new pics as they grow. A great forum to join for RTBs is redtailboas.net they are all wonderful there. Congrats again!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I think they are beautiful! At my old middle school we had a ball python named Louwanda. And I thought she was gorgeous, lol. She always curled up and everyone called her cinnamon bun. I could never have a snake though, I love my mice! =)

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 PM

What adorable new additions Congrats to you!!! I L0VE them!