How many people here have a pet snake? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Question How many people here have a pet snake?

How many people here on Paw-Talk has a pet snake?
What kind of snake do you have?& Can I see pictures? =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I have....

I have a albino florida king snake named Miami and a california king snake named Mooshoe. I've reciently givin them to my dad due to the fact I've become very busy with the rescue. But I still see them now and then .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 225.jpg (19.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 228.jpg (19.5 KB, 8 views)

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Very beautiful snakes
I love the colors& markings =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

ty!

Thnx! I love my boys

p.s. Thnx for signing the guest book !!

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

You are very welcome !
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:53 AM
laugh often

I don't have any snakes but I want a few different kinds of cornsnakes one day. And uMgazi Rat Rescue you have pretty snakes.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

I use to have two snakes - a ball python named Lestat, and a normal corn named Sketchers.

Sketchers actually escaped last summer when my friend was pet sitting her for me, and we never found her.

Lestat I gave to my sister and her boyfriend, because the pet store where I got food for him closed down and the next closest one was like an hour away, and I don't have a car. This was when I was living with my parents still, and my mom wouldn't let me keep frozen mice in the freezer. I still see him sometimes now though, my sisters boyfriend loooves him.

Here are some pics I still have of them:

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

They were so adorable =D

How are ball python's as pets?
That's the next snake i'm going to look into I think.
I know a few people considering selling

I had a garter snake before,he got away also
I was only a kid then& used to be paranoid
it would turn into a HUGE snake while I was sleeping
& eat me!!

Beautiful markings =]
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 AM

i <3 snakes!

you guys have very good looking ones
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

I loved having Lestat, he was such a sweet snake. He was always very calm about being handled. If I ever get another snake, it will definatly be a ball python. I liked the corn snake, but she was so hyper and always trying to escape. She was still a nice snake, and fine being handled, but she just moved so quick I had to be careful she didn't get away. I only had her when she was little though, I'm not sure if she would have calmed down once she got bigger.

Anyways, if anyone wants a snake, I would recommend a ball python! I know I hear a lot about them being picky eaters, but if you get one that is already feeding normally you should be fine.

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

=]
Great I'll definately look into
buying a ball python!
I currently have an albino corn.
He's really tame,but he don't seem to like my
dad...dad don't like him either
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 02:53 PM

I have many snakes..
corns: Wilma: Miami Phase
Fred: Amel
Lexi: Ghost
Merlin: Striped
Monty:Amel
Pip: normal
Norton (need a name change he is actually a she): Hypo
Roxy: Bloodred
Pebbles: Caramel
Snowflake: Snow

Ball Pythons:
Lucy
Ricky
Angus

Boas:
Columbian Red Tailed Boa (BCI) The smaller of the two types
Caukers Kay: Bon

The corns are definitely the easiest of the snakes to care for. The Ball Pythons are GREAT pets and love to sit with you and just chill.. they aren't as crazy as the corns.. but they are difficult to feed. It can take a few months to get them eating frozen/thawed but I have gotten all 3 of mine to eat without much trouble.. Angus however held out the longest I think it took almost 4 months for him to eat BUT he didn't lose much weight in that time. The other thing with the Balls is that they will eat everyother feeding sometimes too... they can drive you crazy when it comes to that. They are also known for their hunger strikes.

~Jenn
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I'm envious
I definately want more snakes

I seen some ball pythons in person.
They look nice,I would love a couple in the future,but
I want quite a few more corns also,so that'll have to wait awhile
...i've heard they aren't the greatest feeders too.

My corn will eat from anybody.
My brother fed him once& he just didn't care,he was like "FOOD??! glorious food!!" *chomp chomp*
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I love snakes but my mom doesn't . I'm still trying to convince her, haha. She's worried it'll escape.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

^ That happened to my first snake EVER...that I had as a kid ..he was a garter snake.
He disappeared once after I came back from swimming lessons..NEVER to be seen again
I had him for the longest time,he lived in the living room,mom got weirded out by him,so brought the aquarium in my bedroom,I got home,asked mom where he was..she said the tank's in my room& I was like I see that,but wheres my snake??
She turned the house bottom up,but...no sign of the snake!

It would be something if he lived all these years& I see him someday wouldn't it?
I'd be all like YAY SAMMY,you returned!!!
But...that's wishful thinking
I can't remember much on the little dude.

Tags
ball python, corn snake, pet mice, pet owner, pet rats, pet store, red eyes, sit still