Just wanna show you... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Just wanna show you...

I know pics like this probably belong on another portion of the forums, but I really wanted to show it to people I already know. I feel really comfortable among my piggy friends here. And I wanted you all to see the 2 foot long grass snake I found on my porch the other day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

It was on my front porch when I came home. I picked it up immediately and took it in and put it in a bucket. I didn't want it to be right out in the neighborhood as the kids came home from school because the boys in the neighborhood might harm it. I took a pic before releasing it in a safer location.

Sneaky snake should not have been out and about in a neighborhood like that. Too dangerous. But I thought it was really a neat find and that some of you might enjoy hearing about it and seeing the pic, even though some might not.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 07:00 AM

LOL, it looks fake. I like snakes, but guess I could never have one with the guineas around (unless it were really tiny).

Did you have fun with your snake jade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

LOL, nope not fake. I took two other pics but they came out dark, but I can show them if anyone wants. Have you ever held one before? It feels really weird as they slither and wrap themselves around your arm.

Grass snakes eat bugs. And some vegetation I think. But dunno for certain. But they do not normally do well in captivity. IMHO snakes should not be kept as pets by the general population. I might catch some flak if a snake person sees this but I dont care. I have my right to believe that no animal should be kept as a pet if that animal eats other animals that are kept as pets. (By the general population, that is. Because I do believe zoos have a place in society, but I like the ones where they give the animals habitats and not cages.)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 07:11 AM

I don't really like snakes very much but I would never hurt one. When I was kid my friend and I use to drape garder (sp? maybe it's garden) snakes around are necks when we would find one.
I can't believe I use to play with them- yuk!

Now that is a nice shade of green snake you got there.:cool:
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, he was pretty and shiny like he had just shed all of an old skin and was showing off his new one.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Guess I should clarify before it comes up, or rather in case... I fully understand dogs and cats can be predatory. What I meant was animals who MUST eat other animals to survive. Domesticated dogs and cats arent as predatory on the whole as wild animals that should remain wild. Hope I 'splained myself well.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 09:46 AM

The snake is gorgeous! Maybe it knew that it was lost and somehow it found you knowing that you would do the right thing.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 10:28 AM

Wow! That is the prettiest color green I've ever seen! That is a neat find!!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 11:12 AM

Wow, you're brave Jade. We don't have snakes here so the only one I've ever seen is at the zoo. I feel so sorry for those snakes.

And Linda, that's so funny. That's like all those stupid movies I used to watch when I was a kid, can't believe I could stand to sit through them!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

I think maybe it was filling up on june bugs or crickets. They are plentiful out by the street light which is on the corner of our yard, since we live right on the street corner.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 12:23 AM

Well, I am NOT a snake person... but even I have to say, he is pretty cute TC! I'm glad he found you instead of me!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 06:39 AM

OMG OMG I just found a snake outside! We have this park close to our house, I'm so glad I got to it before the dogs that usually go there.

It's kinda shy but I'm not keeping him cause he bites.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Wow, he's so cool looking. What kind is he? He's one of the one's that look like corals but arent, right?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 11:36 AM

Proof that pictures can lie, so can humans on the other hand. This "snake" is fake, plastic and does not move. In fact I had to work really hard to get him like that! I have no idea what kind he is supposed to represent. Haha, fooled ya!

Tags
ball python, corn snake, wild animal, wild animals