This is me after catching a Black Spitting Cobra - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 07:37 PM

I'm glad I can admire those snakes from the comfort of my home! I'm afraid of snakes but on the other hand I am very fascinated by them.

Nice pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

ooooooo nice picture Shaun!! (nice legs too..hehe)

Lve Never Fails

post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

wow thats a beautiful snake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

beautiful snake, I know this might be a little old but i noticed you said you were 2 hours from CapeTown. Well maybe no "you" but my dad use to live in CapeTown and mom lived in Joberg (sorry if i spelt that wrong). They want me to visit SA some day but i haven't thought too much about it. Were you born there?or moved there? Lol sorry kind of offtopic but there aren't a lot of SA to talk to in teh US. Lol

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by uMgaziRatRescue View Post
Were you born there?or moved there?
uMgaziRatRescue I only noticed your post. Sorry about that. I have never left the continent and was born in South Africa.
My Great grand-parents were from Scotland, Ireland, England and France. In short I am a South African no question. My brother immigrated to Scotland for some strange reason and I doubt it was for the climate.

If you ever make it to Cape Town drop me a line as I live about 30 minutes from the CBD.

post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Wow they are some really amazing pictures!!!!

I have always loved and kept snakes and over the years, seem to have gained respect for the ones that I know or can tell are going to be a handful!

Iv come up to the age where I can take my venomous snake handling course!!! Im sooo excited and I cant wait, took me a while to convince my mum that I felt ready to do this but shes alright with it now and my dads going to take it with me
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Taking a course on venomous handling would be your first step no question. Books and people will teach you but personal experience is what will educate you.

Keep in mind with all seriousness. It is not if you will get bit but it is when. I do not say this to discourage you but merely remind you that venomous comes with a price. This usually is due to become too complacent rather than being inexperienced.

Any way keep us up dated regards your venomous handling course and if we are able to assist let us know.

post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Nice pictures!

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 AM

yes i completely agree, after keeping a large collection of snakes for a few years there are times when owners are going to get bittedn, luckly iv only ever had 2 bad bites, all of generally nasty snakes that bad bitten absolutley everyone that has ever been around them so they do gain alot more respect from me and others that would go to clean them out and care for them etc (in the end i was the only person that would deal with the snake!) these snakes were a Coastal Carpet python and an Albino Burmese Python. The Albino Burm. was DUMPED on a childrens park an hour away from where i live and discovered by a man walking his dog when it bit him too, it them come to us through the RSPCA and hasnt calmed down yet, luckily at the minute hes just over 6 foot so we can manage him at the minute, its just when he grows that im worried about :S

there is a major difference between someone telling you how to do something and then you actually going to do it yourself, people have said in the past like this is how you handle a venomous snake and talked to me but never before have i had the opportunity to take it due to my age, but now im old enough, its something that i want to do

il keep you up to date with how i go on, im taking it in 2 weeks time
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 AM

wow, thats amazing! i would be terrified of a snake that could kill me. great pix!

Tags
animal control, animal control officer