My new corn - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Smile My new corn

We went to the Reptile Breeders Show today, held by the Colorado Herp Society. I fell in love with a baby corn snake (I'm been looking at that species for about a year). We brought him home, and I just wanted to share. I decided to name him Popcorn --since he's a corn He's only 1 1/2 weeks old, and hasn't eaten yet. He just shed a few days ago. I'm going to give him a few days to settle in before I feed him. that's actually convenient because the most reputable pet store is out of frozen pinkies until tuesday. I'm so happy. This is the first snake that's all mine, and wasn't purchased to share with the kids. It's all for mommy this time. Just wanted to share.

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

congrats! i love little corn and garden snakes! i can't wait to see pics!!! and his name is awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Congratulations!!!! I like corns too! i want a corn! I can't wait to see pics either!

Dimaris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Part of the Pack

Congratulations! on your new addition, i love Corn Snakes i would love one but my parents, epsecially my mum isn't very keen on them so im not allowed, maybe when i have my own place... i'd have so many animals

animalexpert - a life long learner

Qualifications: FdSc AMgt. N.Dip AMgt, and VetMed Cert
Working towards: BSc AMgt, A.Dip AB, Marine Zoology and Herptology
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I will try to get some pics soon for you guys. I am going tomorrow to get his very first pinkie (ever). I kinda feel like I have a newborn baby. He's so tiny, and has never eaten before. I just hope he does well. I want to hold him all the time, but I have read that he shouldn't be held very often. Do you guys think it's allright if I have him out for a while every day (except when he feeds, of course)? I like to let him cruise around the bed and stuff, so does that count as time being held? I just want to do right by my Popcorn babe.

Becky

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i remember that when a friend of mine had a corn snake she would take it to class with her. it would stay wrapped around her wrist all day and people thought it was a bracelet unless they got a really good look! LOL!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Red face

Yeah, I cannot wait until he is big enough to stay wrapped around for more than about 3 seconds. Right now, he is so small that when he wriggles up my sleeve, I can't even feel him. Sneaky little thing, he is. He spent the evening last night on the coffee table watching the Emmys with the rest of the family. He's truly a large part of the family, more than the other two snakes. Shrek, the ribbon, is just too flighty and he likes to bite when even the least bit nervous. Donkey, our garter snake, is the champion musk-er. I might try and start holding them more as well, to see if I can get them bette with being handled. But, they jsut aren't as cute right now as little Popcorn.

Becky

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Smile

Okay, here's a pic I took tonight. I couldn't find anything good to compare him to, so that's just a regular size ball point pen. He is exactly 12 inches long right now. I couldn't get anything showing jsut how beautiful his coloring is. His father was one of those real deep blood red ones. I saw the pic and he is gorgeous. Anyways, enjoy, and I will try to get more soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg popcorn2.JPG (28.8 KB, 20 views)

Becky

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg! how adorable! i just love little popcorn.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks. I finally got him to eat. It took me washing off the pinkie with pretty warm water until it was a nice temperature. When he finally ate, i did a little happy dance all around the room. I'm so glad i didn't have to resort to anything drastic. I feel like a new mommy, since my baby had his very first meal. Sniff, sniff

Becky

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Newborn Pup

how much did u get Popcorn for? i am planing to get a anery corn snake at eptile show at Dec. 3, 2005

my pets

7 fish

1 100% het albino nelsons milk snake
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have one too

I have a corn snake and hes about a yr old although i just got him a month ago at a reptile show...he's great and eats about once a week, gonna try feeding him more then that soon. The eating this just to say may be because he is that small, and probably just doesn't get hungry easily because he is so new. My cousin got one too very young and was having a problem but now it's fine. Good luck with it.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

RIP Midnight haveing you in the family for 9 years was so much fun
RIP Ben you were such a nice rat
RIP Nipsie, my panda bear hamster, you lived 3 1/2 awesome years

2 chinchillas
1 crested gecko
3 cats

2 dogs

2 fishtanks

5 rats

Tags
corn snake, corn snakes, pet store