New love for snakes - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

New love for snakes

Hi there anyone who is interested,

I recently went shopping weith my girlfriend and she was pestering me about a bunny she had seen that was really cute so eventually I said we could go and have a look. We did a quickly made our way to the reptile section!

Before this I had not had much of an interest in animals since I was a kid (28 now). A week later I had bought a sinaloan milk snake yearling and called him Duke. This was in July. Since then I have adopted a adult common corn snake who is about 5'6" from a rescue centre. we called him Bishop! (wierd I know) Thinking about the possibility of bredding, I was on the lookout for a female which I stumbled across in a pet shop in my local town. She is an Anery and we called her Dolly. The point is that from not being that into animals, I have suddenly become really into snakes. I'm even thinking about extending the collection into pythons too!

My point is, has anyone else caught the bug like this or am I a bit insane!! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Chris,
Surrey, UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:40 PM
RAT ADDICT

Got any pictures?

I love snakes,but do not have any at the moment.
Maybe in the future.I would like a corn or a python.But right now I am more into inverts.

I do know people who REALLY adore snakes tho and have a huge collection,so your not insane!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 07:11 PM

I'm not a huge snake fan, but I do have experience with adding too many new pets too close together in time... It's great that you found a new love, just be careful how fast you obtain your pets! The longer I have pets the more care it seems like they need, and the last thing you'd want is a pet burn out, and 15 snakes (exaduration) good luck though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Adolescent Pup

I have been keeping snakes for sometime and learn things about these creatures nearly every day.
I agree about burn out. The problem is that the responsibility becomes a drain and creeps up on you very discreetly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 04:34 PM

before the beginning of this year i wasnt really interested in reps
but saw a beardie and now i love em and had to get a beardie and
now i have a royal python too.

Tags
corn snake, pet shop