Not sure the girls are preggo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Not sure the girls are preggo

I have 4 mice, 3 girls and 1 boy. I started breeding them for my snake so I'm kinda still learning ( i know I feel horrible so I make hubby do all the dirty work! but it's cheaper than buying them from the petstore )

Anyway I had the mice in a tank with a separater and the little boy ( Wall-E ) somehow snuck through to the girls side. The girls look kind chunky but not positive if they are preggo and it's time for the scheduled breeding. Would it be a bad thing if I put Wall-E in with the girls just to make sure they do get preggo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am assuming you know that this is the Rat and Mouse forum for people who have rats and mice as PETS, not live food for snakes. Wrong forum to ask questions about how to make sure your mouse successfully breeds babies for feeders. You might get a better idea how it feels to read your post by mouse and rat lovers if someone came to the snake forum asking for advice on how to best breed baby snakes to feed to some snake-eating pet.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I would introduce them again, yeah, just in case. It shouldn't harm them. But most likely they're already pregnant--it doesn't take long!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I in fact didn't know that I would offend anyone by asking a question about mice or rats in a mouse and rat form. I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone and if I knew how to delete a post I would.

As to your point of someone asking about breeding snakes for a snake eating animal, well I know and accept the reality that there is a thing called a food chain. I know that mice are prey for snakes and snakes are prey for a hawk ( for example ) and while it sucks that it has to be that way I don't get upset when someone has a pet that requires a certain food. I was just looking for help. I take very good care of my mice in fact and they are loved just as much as my other pets. It just so happens I also love my snake and he needs to eat to. BTW I have ferrets who if I'm most mistaken would eat/kill a snake if given the chance /shrug

If a mod reads this thread would they please delete or lock it , I apparently can't find the button to do so myself.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

And thank you Stephanie for your help, it's much appreciated.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

BTW this is what made me think it was ok to post here.

Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Hey guys, I'm just going to move this to the Reptile section to avoid further problems .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Newborn Pup

I have all three of my mice together at all times, and I have had them for over a month, and I'm not noticing any chunkiness in the females at all. To my knowledge, they're not that old, but I do suspect that the male is a bit older than the girls. Are there any signs or anything to help me determine if they're pregnant at all, or if I should just get a new male?